Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R9000 Extension Antenna

mak1965
Follower

R9000 Extension Antenna

Hi,

I am wondering about using and extension antenna on my X10 Router. I had a Nighthawk 7000 and it was easy, I unscrewed the stock antenna, and screwed in an amplified antenna to that socket. Is this an option for the X10?

Thak You!

Model: R8900|Nighthawk X10—AD7000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
William10a
Master

As far as I know the antennas are part ofthe router's body and also the output amps for the wifi, they are not able to be replaced by the normal user.

Message 2 of 9
johnson307
Aspirant

@mak1965 

Did you experience any signal loss with the amplified antenna you used?  Which antenna did you end up going with? I'm trying to do something very similar, but I don't want to go to all the trouble only to have signal loss/drop.  Thank you in advance!

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

As the one user already posted, the antennas are not removable or replaceable. So you can't change them out. The OP has not been online since they posted back in 2018. 

Message 4 of 9
johnson307
Aspirant

Understood and thank you for the prompt response. This is my first time ever posting an inquiry so I apologize if I missed the place to look where someone was last online. Regardless, the antenna on my router are in fact removable so I am a little confused about that part. Can you please elaborate? Thank you in advance!
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Hmm. I guess maybe they had a version that the antennas are removable. I think if you really want better wifi coverage your best and easiest method would be to just install a WiFi Extender that would help with wifi coverage. 

Message 6 of 9
johnson307
Aspirant

It's not even about coverage for me, my coverage is fine. I just have a server cabinet that will be in the wall and I know 'they' (whoever that is) say not to keep your router behind walls, in cabinets, near large metal objects, etc. Which all of the aforementioned apply to the location of said server cabinet (ha!). What I'm wanting to do is put the actual router in the cabinet, but mount the antenna outside the cabinet/wall somewhere so I maintain my existing coverage but hide the router.
Message 7 of 9
Lewisstructure
Aspirant

Yes, can the NightHawk X10 R9000 Antennas’s be removed or use extender antennas to it?
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

If you don't see any kind of screw or finger/thumb turning ring on the end of the antenna closest to the router case, then no, you can't remove those. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7