Re: R9000 LAN issues

SP_Trafficorp
Follower

R9000 LAN issues

Hi,

My name is Stephen and I'm having an issue that I cant seem to find the cause of. I have multiple computers on my network that have a variety of "Mapped network Drives" most of them look at the same PC that we use as a file server and some PC's look at each other. The issue I am having is for some reason none of the computers can see any other computer on the network. They all recieve the same error message that says this:

"An error occurred while reconnecting Z: to ...

Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

This connection has not been restored."

I also recieve the error that says "Z:\ is not accessible The handle is invalid"

At first I thought it was just the one computer but after I had checked all the usual culprates, i.e. windows file and printer sharing, rebooting the PC etc. I realized that none of the computers could see any other computers on the network, how all the printers still work. So then I thought well it is probably that the router just locked up. So I rebooted the router, no fix, downladed and installed firmware update, including reboot again, no fix.

I don't believe it's a windows issue because it happened to all of the computers in my office, and I have some of them set to not recieve updates due to windows updates screwing other things up.

I feel that it is somehow a router issue, but I have reached the end of my capabilities in troubleshooting and no one seems to have my same issue on the WEB.

Anyone got a fix?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Tazman
Tutor

It's not a router issue either.  

What do you use for DNS?  It sounds like a name resolution issue.

Message 2 of 3

@SP_Trafficorp wrote:

I don't believe it's a windows issue because it happened to all of the computers in my office, and I have some of them set to not recieve updates due to windows updates screwing other things up.

You mean the updates that also fix things?

I'm with @Tazman. I'd investigate Windows support sites for solutions.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements