Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R9000 Nighthawk Randomly looses signal in 2.4 but not 5

Grifter77
Aspirant

R9000 Nighthawk Randomly looses signal in 2.4 but not 5

I have a R9000 AD7200Smart Wifi router and have hgad nothing but issues since I got this thing.

I have a Fiber internet going straight into the router and use a few lan connections but mainly Wifi

I have 2 Honeywell smart thermostats and a few streaming devices that still use 2.4 instead of 5

After the latest firmware update the router randomly went and combined both bands into one band a few months ago so I had to go back through the new setup and sepicify a 2.4 Netgear43 and a 5 neatgear5

But now the router will randomly stop broadcasting the 2.4  it shows it as broadcasting but everything that connects to teh 2.4 shgows it as gone.

I cant access any of my therms or streaming devices.

But the 5 service is still working fine.

I have also noticed that it will randomly stop broadcasting on the 2.4 and have to be rebooted in teh past but never for a long time.

but now the 2.4 has been down for over a week and I have no idea what to do

any help would be great

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
SScandy
Luminary

Dropping connections has been reported by a number of people, and there are numerous threads about dropping connections after "upgrading" to 1.0.4.12. You can either go back to a previous firmware version, or request to be included in the beta firmware test group, and use Netgear's beta firmware.

I had a lot of dropout probems with 1.0.4.12, but I am getting really good results with the latest beta firmware (v1.0.4.26).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
SScandy
Luminary

Dropping connections has been reported by a number of people, and there are numerous threads about dropping connections after "upgrading" to 1.0.4.12. You can either go back to a previous firmware version, or request to be included in the beta firmware test group, and use Netgear's beta firmware.

I had a lot of dropout probems with 1.0.4.12, but I am getting really good results with the latest beta firmware (v1.0.4.26).

Message 2 of 7
Grifter77
Aspirant

I cant remeber how to downgrade firmware I have done it in the past is there a link or walk through on doing this?

Message 3 of 7
antinode
Guru

> I cant remeber how to downgrade firmware [...]

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Downloads.  (For older versions, under Firmware and Software
Downloads, look for "View Previous Versions".)  Find the kit(s).
Download the kit(s) you want.  Read the "Release Notes" file for
instructions.

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@SScandy have you got the access to the R9000 Beta group? Strongly encourage to request your access by PM to @ChristineT or @Christian_R - worth every effort. Then grab the Beta firmware, and review often as there are regular updates posted.

Message 5 of 7
SScandy
Luminary

@schumaku, Yes, I am a member of the beta test group. Maybe you misread what I wrote in my post above, but I responded that I have tried Beta v1.0.4.26, and I am no longer experiencing the dropouts that I had with v1.0.4.12.

Message 6 of 7
ChristineT
Admin

Hello, Nighthawk R9000 Enthusiasts,

Wishing you all a prosperous 2019! 🙂

@SScandy, Thank you for confirming your experience with this beta firmware version! That's great news!  For anyone else in this thread that still needs access to the Beta Firmware and Beta Community please feel free to private message me.

Housekeeping: I have removed some posts in this conversation that was not relevant to this topic. Please feel free to private message me if you have any questions or concerns! 

Best Regards,

ChristineT

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7