Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9000 Only connects some devices back after Firmware Update

scornell2288
Guide

R9000 Only connects some devices back after Firmware Update

SO for the longest time if the power ever went out and my router and modem stayed online (UPS) all of my other smart devices that went off would all come back on, about 60 devices home wide. Tvs, echos, lights, garage door, cameras, solar monitors cell phones. Only about half would connect the rest refused to connect to the nextwork untill the next days probably 12 hours later then they would finally connect. I have never been able to figure out of this 400 router is just crap or I have something setup wrong. I did a firmware upgrade yesterday afternoon and when it came back up my echo devices never connected back, half of my smart lights, my iphone, and a wired smart TV, wouldnt connect wireless or wired. Any advise would be helpful. 

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
scornell2288
Guide

Re: R9000 Only connects some devices back after Firmware Update

Yes I found the spot where you can toggle the router to be the dhcp server and turned it off and set the renew time from 24 hours to 1 hour then turned it back on. After a few mins the rest of the devices started connecting. I imagine since there isn’t an option to clear the arp table that turning off/on the dhcp setting does that.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did you ever get the devices to connect?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
scornell2288
Guide

Yes I found the spot where you can toggle the router to be the dhcp server and turned it off and set the renew time from 24 hours to 1 hour then turned it back on. After a few mins the rest of the devices started connecting. I imagine since there isn’t an option to clear the arp table that turning off/on the dhcp setting does that.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7