Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9000 Periodically Becomes Unresponsive to LAN and WiFi Connections

Dawson55
Follower

R9000 Periodically Becomes Unresponsive to LAN and WiFi Connections

Hello,

I have an R9000 running firmware version V1.0.5.24. Yes I realize there is a firmware upgrade for it currently. However, the second to last firmware upgrade I made to the unit caused it to become just about useless. So please bare with me while I explain the symptoms before you ask me to upgrade the firmware. I will, but this issue started happening about 4 weeks ago and has been getting worse.

Periodically the router (and by router I mean WiFi and LAN connections) become unresponsive. It seems like the router is rebooting. However the LEDs, which I have set to be a steady on, do not flicker as if it was being rebooted. When I attempt to ping the router, I get "Request Timed Out", "Destination Host Unreachable", and "Unknown Host". The time out is most common. The other two happen periodically.

I have gotten to the point where I have a spare laptop that is connected directly to the router via ethernet so that I can eliminate any of my other managed and unmanaged switches.

I also have the Nighthawk app on my phone. It is connected to the 2.4Ghz SSID so that range should not be as big of an issue. When the router becomes unresponsive, the app also agrees.

When I can finally get back into the web admin pages, I look at the logs and see no warnings or errors. despite having everything checked.

I am frustrated about the R9000 not working properly. But I am more frustrated that I cannot seem to get enough information from the router to determine what is going on. I work in IT and am used to combing through logs to file the root cause of a symptom. I am not certain what else to look at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

(One more thing, I run Windows and Macs and *Nix. The problem is not confined to one OS. When it happens, it is house wide.)

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Leifur
Aspirant

Re: R9000 Periodically Becomes Unresponsive to LAN and WiFi Connections

Hi.

I have exactly the same problem but only for a month or so. Every 3 days the router stops doing its job.

I couldn't even ping the router from the LAN, not to mention to log into the router. seemed dead.

After restarting the router, everything works.

I am on firmware 1.0.5.28

I hope this can be solved, because I have no tolerance for such faults and I have been loyal to Netgear brand for many years...

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7