Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9000 X10 Dynamic Qos - StreamBoost or iQoS?

kc6108
Luminary

R9000 X10 Dynamic Qos - StreamBoost or iQoS?

Does the R9000 utilize Qualcomm Atheros' Dynamic QoS (StreamBoost) engine or Broadcom's BroadStream Intelligent Quality of Service (iQoS)? I saw one mention of iQoS in an old version of R9000 release notes, but most simply refer to QoS. I assumed the R9000 utilized StreamBoost since it has Qualcomm radios.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
kc6108
Luminary

Re: R9000 X10 Dynamic Qos - StreamBoost or iQoS?

We were wondering what flavor of QoS Netgear was using in the R9000 after we performed some extensive QoS testing/experimenting in our environment. We have a plethora of devices on our network, and the QoS performed outstanding. Especially compared to the R7800.

Turns out Netgear uses Trend Micro’s iQoS. That’s why Netgear is able to turn around iQoS updates so quickly for this beast.

Qualcomm hasn’t updated much of their StreamBoost tech, including signatures, in years (in the R7800 anyway). Don’t get me wrong, it works really well, just not as well as TM’s... their device and application detection engines and signatures are superior IME.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
kc6108
Luminary

Re: R9000 X10 Dynamic Qos - StreamBoost or iQoS?

We were wondering what flavor of QoS Netgear was using in the R9000 after we performed some extensive QoS testing/experimenting in our environment. We have a plethora of devices on our network, and the QoS performed outstanding. Especially compared to the R7800.

Turns out Netgear uses Trend Micro’s iQoS. That’s why Netgear is able to turn around iQoS updates so quickly for this beast.

Qualcomm hasn’t updated much of their StreamBoost tech, including signatures, in years (in the R7800 anyway). Don’t get me wrong, it works really well, just not as well as TM’s... their device and application detection engines and signatures are superior IME.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7