Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9000 X10 Nighthawk - Finally the last straw

nickp221
Apprentice

R9000 X10 Nighthawk - Finally the last straw

After last year's debacle with the firmware bricking this router, I've finally come to the last straw!

Last night when my Internet connection dropped, which is does every week or so...and I rebooted the router, it lost all the settings. After a couple restarts I could quickly see that for no apparent reason, it's again unable to save settings to nvram and does a factory reset everytime it's rebooted.

So in a desperate attempt get it working again, I updated to the latest firmware. Firmware update successfully but, same problem, can't save any settings to nvram, does a factory reset on every restart and is completely useless.

I'm probably going out today and just buying a new router, I'm done dealing with NetGear's lack of support and just all around low quality product. They've already made me pay $16.50 to have the ship me a replacement router that THEY bricked with their firmware that autoupdated when I had auto update TURNED OFF!

I currently have DD-WRT running on it and it's fine, you can reboot it and it remember settings and seems to be fine but, it's got some problems, it runs slow, processes web requests slow and a few other problems so, I'm thinking about calling support and asking for a box so I can send my $400 wifi router back to NetGear and they can figure out what to do with it.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
labatt
Mentor

Re: R9000 X10 Nighthawk - Finally the last straw

If product was good then folks would not be calling, IMHO. Since there are so many issues with Netgear routers and firmware with folks working from home, I am sure the call volume is up. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
nickp221
Apprentice

Do to COVID19 NetGear support is experiencing unusually high call volumes...

Not because the products are bad but because of Corona virus...
Message 2 of 3
labatt
Mentor

If product was good then folks would not be calling, IMHO. Since there are so many issues with Netgear routers and firmware with folks working from home, I am sure the call volume is up. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7