Re: R9000 X10 Nighthawk Pyronix Home Alarm

DJLOCK085
Luminary

R9000 X10 Nighthawk Pyronix Home Alarm

This is a bit of a long shot but I have a Pyronix Enforcer home alarm panel which includes a WiFi card . Since I changed to the R9000 X10, the alarm panel hasn’t been able to see the Netgear wireless network apart from a period of about five days. The panel now can’t see the network nor connect to it. 

Has anyone had a similar issue with connecting this device to a Netgear router?

Message 1 of 4
Eric_Cartman
Luminary

That alarm is pretty old im thinking 8 years plus ? Uk built? Is there a cat 5 port on it or just wireless. If just wifi I wonder is the enforcer chip not compatible with the x10s new chips ?
Routing: Nighthawk X6 R8000 AC 3200 Router
Access Points: Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900 Access Points x 2
Message 2 of 4
DJLOCK085
Luminary

Yeah it looks like the design has been around for a while although my panel was only installed a couple of years ago. I think there’s definitely some kind of compatibility issue. Bizarre as it connected to the X10 for about five days (after I turned off 5 and 60ghz signals) and performed fine but then dropped out and hasn’t been able to see the X10 network since. I’ve been messing around with advanced wireless settings (eg turning off beam forming) to see if the alarm will see it but no luck so far. Going to run a simple test of reinstating my old router at the weekend to see if it can connect ok to eliminate the possibility of bad WiFi card in the alarm - unlikely as it can see other networks in neighbouring properties. Don’t think they come with Ethernet card / interface installed as standard (only WiFi) from what I can see on Pyronix’s website. The alarm is also professionally maintained on a contract so any tampering I do with the panel would not go down well and would likely have to pay a fair sum to get them to install Ethernet card in it. If I can’t get it working, probably best thing to do is suck it up and accept it will no longer connect.
Message 3 of 4
Eric_Cartman
Luminary

Worst case scenario you can you upgrade the panel. Im sure your alarm installer would not mind that. I use the pyronix deltabell. With a Siemens Vanderbilt I must see if it will connect to the r8000 forgot to connect when got router !
Routing: Nighthawk X6 R8000 AC 3200 Router
Access Points: Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900 Access Points x 2
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E