Highlighted

R9000 X10 Plex Server Version & Updates

Wonder if there is a way to see when the next Plex version for R9000 will be updated? F.ex a homepage with a date?

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R9000 X10 Plex Server Version & Updates

are you having issues with Plex?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

Plex is a fantistic system and one the reasons why I choosed R9000 as my Router. However Plex is currently in version 1.14.1 and Netgear is the older version. Right know this means that the new features with charts of usage is not showed. I understand that Netgear has to port Plex themselves to R9000. That is why I suggested to have a homepage telling us users of R9000 when the next update is expected.

I have also a Intel NUC running Plex under Linux-Mint. But until now I use R9000.

Message 3 of 7
NETGEAR Moderator

We do have a firmware coming soon for the R9000 with Plex updates.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

Super - thank you for letting us know.

Would you consider a homepage where we can find out ourselves?

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hello Darren,

You said (on January 9 2019) "We do have a firmware coming soon for the R9000 with Plex updates."  Today is April 23rd 2019 and I'm still waiting for the PLEX 1.15xxx  update!
The last PLEX server version 'auto update" (1.14.1.5488-cc260c476) on my X10 R9000 was in December 2018.

The built-in PLEX server was 90% of the reason I bought this router.

So, when you say "soon", after four months could you post an update as to when?

Thanks. 

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

This thread is confusing, and partially wrong. 

Plex Support: Netgear Nighthawk X10 Router does state:

===

How do I update Plex Media Server?

In the Plex Media Server page on the router’s administration web interface there is a Enable Automatic Plex Version Update checkbox that can be enabled. When that’s enabled the device will perform automatic polls to plex.tv for a new version.

Note!: This feature is gated by Netgear so a new public version will not appear until they have approved the release to be enabled on the Nighthawk X10 device.
===

Builds are clearly coming from Plex, the release cycle to the R9000 is controlled by Netgear. @Altsai what's the issue here prohibiting Netgear from accepting the release for newer Plex builds?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements