Re: R9000 and Genie not showing attached devices

DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Lordaxl

Can you give some more detail on the issue you are having?

DarrenM

Message 26 of 126
Issachar
Apprentice

Darren,

We are demanding official response from Netgear when will this long lasting issue be fixed.

Please answer.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 27 of 126
fse
Initiate
Initiate

I have been having this problem for weeks now and didnt realize that I was not the only one. This router is expensive in my opinion and after reading all of the other people having the same exact problem I don't understand why Netgear has not corrected the problem.  To make it worse the router is still being sold in stores. Also there is no support to it beyond 90 days unless you pay for support. I have owned netgear equipment for many many years and I understand that sometimes problems do occur but I recall when I would just open a ticket with support and they would resolve the issue.  It seems that now not only do they put out bad hardware/software, but you must also pay to have any kind of help on a problem which clearly is not our own but a deffect in their product. This is really unacceptable and is really bad customer service. 

Message 28 of 126
Issachar
Apprentice

I found it ridiculous that they only provide support for 90 days, and I believe none of other home network equipment provide such poor service.

I definite will tell people DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM NETGEAR.

Message 29 of 126
MichaelRSteffin
Aspirant

I recently had this issue occur and have the same prolbems of only seeing the devices on the android app. wtf

Message 30 of 126
MichaelRSteffin
Aspirant

I just downgraded back to me 1.0.4.2. It was working fine before the 1.0.4.12. also, the lag was sooooo unbelievable with online gaming.
Message 31 of 126
Issachar
Apprentice

HOW UNBEVEILABLE THAT NETGEAR EVEN DO NOT RESPONSE TO THE PROBLEM ANYMORE 

Message 32 of 126
schumaku
Guru

There is a test release coming up supposedly addressing these issues we're told. Get in touch with @ChristineT or @Christian_R by PM and they will add you once something is ready and worth testing.

Message 33 of 126
BadKarma6148651
Aspirant

Looked all over regarding not seeing my attached devices list in the web interface any longer. I also now cannot see my reserved IP list.

This has gone for the past few fgirmware updates and includes 1.0.4.12.

All I see here for many months is that we are aware and have escalated to the 'engineers'.

What is the fix for this please? I didn't spend $500 on a router to get TrendNet type performance and suppport.

Message 34 of 126
pdes
Guide

Like many others, I have been complaining endlessly rgarding the lack of "attached devices".  I check new versions but always end up reverting to Rev. 1.0.1.36.  This version shows the attached devices and allows the editing of names.

I cannot understand why Netgear can't just compare the code between this and the faulty code, see where there is a difference and make the change.

The lack of committment and interest by Netgear in solving a fundamental, well publicised bug is disgraceful. I have been loyal to Netgear for years but no longer!

BTW, I just tried the latest Volex firmware and this also did not solve the problem.

Message 35 of 126
Issachar
Apprentice

SO WHERE IS THIS RELEASE? IT IS ALREADY ANOTHER MONTH AND A HALF SINCE YOUR RESPONSE.

NO UPDATE, NO INFORMATION, MY ROUTER BECOME VULNERABLE BECOZ I HAVE TO DISABLE MAC ADDRESS CONTROL, IS THIS WHAT I GET FOR A $300 ROUTER? 

IF I WANT VULNERABLITY, WHY DONT I GET A HUAWEI ROUTER INSTEAD?

Message 36 of 126
Starminder
Tutor

Having same problem here.  This is pretty annoying.

Model: R8900|Nighthawk X10—AD7000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 37 of 126
borisprado
Tutor

Same problems, months with this problem, and the worse we not get anything reply from the support team! The most we can do is start giving bad reviews in famous sites like Amazon, so other ppl dont get this bull**bleep** problem

Message 38 of 126
Issachar
Apprentice

HOW AMAZING THE NETGEAR SUPPORT IS, EITHER THEY CHOOSE TO IGNORE US OR NO ONE IS MODERATING THE FORUM.

WORST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 39 of 126
schumaku
Guru

Agree. Curious if you have applied for the R9000 Beta access btw.?

Message 40 of 126
Issachar
Apprentice

No, I do not think I have Beta Access and no one ever told me apply one.

Message 41 of 126
pdes
Guide

More weeks of silence. Netgear's contempt for it's loyal customers is breathtaking and disgraceful.

Message 42 of 126
Gun-it
Guide

I was able to get this to work.  Here is what I did.  First step is to make note of your settings. DO NOT use a back-up.  After you have made note of your settings.  Do a factory reset.  Connect to the router after it has been reset, and reinstall the firmware.  AFter the firmware has been reinstalled, do TWO factory resets.  Go through the setup process and reenter your settings.  Mine has been working for several days now with no problem.  Keep in mind I did as many have done and factory reset, but I always did a restore after, which introduces the same problelm. Hope this helps.  

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 43 of 126
Issachar
Apprentice

Factory reset is not a solution. This is only a workaround while Netgear failed to fix it.

Message 44 of 126
schumaku
Guru

@Issachar wrote:
Factory reset is not a solution. This is only a workaround while Netgear failed to fix it.

Well, no fix for a config which was broken before by bugware. 

Message 45 of 126
Gun-it
Guide

Not sure in I understand your response.  Factory reset, and updating firmware are part of the fix.  Are you saying something else with your set up is wrong?

Message 46 of 126
Padre116
Tutor

R9000 just stopped showing the attached devices in webbrowser after updating to  1.0.3.x , I did update check and downloaded and installed  1.0.4.12 . didn't  change anything. The attached device page is blank have tried with firefox,chrome, Safari

Message 47 of 126
Issachar
Apprentice

@schumaku wrote:

@Issachar wrote:

Well, no fix for a config which was broken before by bugware. 

Is this an official statement from Netgear? 

Message 48 of 126
Gun-it
Guide

Mine did not work at first.  I had to do two total resets and it has been showing for two day new running 1.0.4.12.  Sorry not working for you.  Worked for one of my friends who has the same router and problem.  

Message 49 of 126
BadKarma6148651
Aspirant

Your workaround worked for me, and I appreciate it.

It's a damn shame that no mods even came in and acknowledged it.

I pay $500 for a home router I expect it to work without all this drama.

Last Netgear for me.

Message 50 of 126
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements