Discussion stats
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: R9000 and Genie not showing attached devices

How stupid I am for a moment I thought they will solve the problem.... guess what?

THE PROBLEM STILL EXIST.

Message 76 of 126
Highlighted

Yes! I just updated the firmware. I don’t understand. Did they test it before pushing it out? Are there no controls? I’m a developer by profession and we TEST all code! What am I missing! The simplistic nature of this issue is not rocket science. Just read all the threads and you can see EVERYONE IS HAVING THE SAME ISSUES. Here’s a thought Netgear. Reach out to one individual and work with them say as a beta tester and work through the issue. Right now your problem and processes are real damn ridiculous. This is why consumers are leaving your brand. I alone have at least $2K invested. If you lose that revenue by the hundreds of thousands consumers you have, it will hit your bottom line. Social media is a MF and things can go viral real quick real fast. Good luck!
Message 77 of 126
Highlighted
Guide

I have given up on Netgear.  I took this up with them two or three years ago as it was an issue with earlier routers but all they asked for was examples and all they gave were placatory answers saying they would raise it with developers.  They sent a number of "betas" but obviously didnt test them first as the problem persisted.  I had hoped that when I "upgraded" to the R9000 the issue would be resolved.  However, the hardware isn't bad and having invested in the R9000, I am not ready to dump it.  Thats why I installed Voxel firmware.  It's as easy to load as the normal firmware.  If you want to keep the hardware, I urge you to look at Voxel's firmware.  I haven't found any issues with it and all my devices are listed!! 

There was one firmware from Netgear that did work (1.0.1.36) which I have been using for a couple of years but again, they put the problem back in with the next revision.  How hard can it be for a developer to compare both and see where it changed?

Message 78 of 126
Highlighted
Apprentice

@pdes wrote:

I have given up on Netgear.  I took this up with them two or three years ago as it was an issue with earlier routers but all they asked for was examples and all they gave were placatory answers saying they would raise it with developers.  They sent a number of "betas" but obviously didnt test them first as the problem persisted.  I had hoped that when I "upgraded" to the R9000 the issue would be resolved.  However, the hardware isn't bad and having invested in the R9000, I am not ready to dump it.  Thats why I installed Voxel firmware.  It's as easy to load as the normal firmware.  If you want to keep the hardware, I urge you to look at Voxel's firmware.  I haven't found any issues with it and all my devices are listed!! 

There was one firmware from Netgear that did work (1.0.1.36) which I have been using for a couple of years but again, they put the problem back in with the next revision.  How hard can it be for a developer to compare both and see where it changed?

I am with all of you guys. Getting rip all Netgear products. All these years I heard people mentions they got great hardware but completely garbage software, I guess it's ture after all.

How they manage to fail to resolve their own software problem, I will never understand.

Then again, I am totally surprised that they simply stopped responding to us.

I urge if any one else is reading this, DO NOT BUY ANY NETGEAR PRODUCTS.

Message 79 of 126
Highlighted
Guru

@pdes wrote:

Strongly doubt. There was and is a big hit and miss in what is supposed to be design (for the routers [Nightawk, Orbi, DSL, Cable, ...], for the APIs used for Genie programs [macOS, Windows], or Apps like Genie, Nighthawk. Already that early firmware showed massive issues with the Attached Device lists (differences, incomplete, complete random/different products shown, details edited became visible very different in another App or program, ...). Still, as of today, the list of devices, the device descriptions, the number of devices defined on the R9000 differ from the Genie program, the Genie App, the Nighthawk App.

Appears that Netgear does try to clean up slowly, but the approach of trying to phase-out the Genie programs and Apps is not very well planned - features available on the Genie programs adn Apps aren't available on the Nighthawk App resp, the Orbi App. And the Nighthawk App resp Orbi App does not support the many still available other routers (non-Nighthawk, Cable routers, DSL routers, ...). Hobbyists at the controls.

Instead of wasting money for CES marketing, Netgear should clean out the consumer product management and hire professional managers, developers, and quality control people. The so called new "VPN router" BR500 is proof enough that they continue fail to write specs, implement a router, do quality control - and listen to the customer base.

Nothing has changed in 2019 @ChristineT and @Christian_R (I know you both are not in charge however).

Fully agree with @Issachar @pdes @butchpatton and all other customers complaining here. So @AlexT what's up?

Message 80 of 126
Highlighted

Yes I’m pretty much done. So why I am about to do is not ideal but... New
Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream™ AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit WiFi Router
I will run a line in the wall to the office. Not a big deal because my cabinet is upstairs right above. Then see if I can bridge the Badgear router downstairs to the theater room. I am confident with the Linksys EA9500 because I have it in my apartment out of town and it just works. 890 Ethernet and 470 WiFi! Who can’t live with that!
Message 81 of 126
Highlighted

The thing that disturbs me is I am gluten for punishment. I know and read posts that is been over two years. But my “loyalty” bit me in the a$$. The disturbance....what have they been doing for two years!!!! I don’t think I would be employed if I did NOTHING for two years. NetGear! That’s good and terrible. Sum body needs 2b fired! Ohhhhhhh wait. I fired you NetGear.
Message 82 of 126
Highlighted

R7000p with same problem. They need a blackjack handle for reseting all their equipment.
Message 83 of 126
Highlighted

I did not even have to enable a access control to kill mine. But so far pain in ass factory reset works for a while.
Message 84 of 126
Highlighted
Initiate

R8000P

Latest firmware

Factory reset

Attached Devices still missing most of the devices on my network!!! 

How hard is this to fix Netgear???

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 85 of 126
Highlighted

Pointless. I did install what I had mentioned in this thread and no issues. I have a gig connection to the house and getting about 860 WiFi! I’m good!
Message 86 of 126
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thank you, it does work through the app. My router has the latest firmware update V1.0.4.26 but still the attached devices are not being displayed.

Message 87 of 126
Highlighted
Apprentice

@Tyringe wrote:

R8000P

Latest firmware

Factory reset

Attached Devices still missing most of the devices on my network!!! 

How hard is this to fix Netgear???

I doubt they have the ability to fix it. This problem lasted since forever.

Message 88 of 126
Highlighted

If you are looking to go dd-drt, the setup instructions are pretty straightforward. Just look for your model number and go fo it.
Message 89 of 126
Highlighted
Apprentice

Message 90 of 126
Highlighted
Apprentice

Message 91 of 126
Highlighted
Aspirant

Issue is still not fixed. I guess router going back to Costco. I was waiting for fix for many months, will be looking for another brand. 

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 92 of 126
Highlighted
Apprentice

@BBuser32 wrote:

Issue is still not fixed. I guess router going back to Costco. I was waiting for fix for many months, will be looking for another brand. 

Wise decision. Recommend your friends and family to stay away from Netgear products as well.

Message 93 of 126
Highlighted
Aspirant

Problem resolved in latest updat!!
Message 94 of 126
Highlighted
Aspirant

I received and email and also noted here that this issue was corrected in the latest firmware. I therefore upgraded to the latest v1.3.1.44_10.1.23 and the issue is still present. This is utterly ludicrous though not amusing at all.
Message 95 of 126
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R6900 and Genie not showing attached devices

I received and email and also noted here that this issue was corrected in the latest firmware. I therefore upgraded to the latest v1.3.1.44_10.1.23 and the issue is still present. This is utterly ludicrous though not amusing at all.
Model: R6900P|Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 96 of 126
Highlighted
Guru

@b3achbumjk wrote:
I received and email and also noted here that this issue was corrected in the latest firmware. I therefore upgraded to the latest v1.3.1.44_10.1.23 and the issue is still present.

Netgear does not know what firmware is in place. I have no idea on what schedule they send out these emails.

This happens when people just post "latest firmware" - as of writing, the latest for the R9000 is 1.0.4.28 (with a word of warning, some models (R9000, R7800, XR500, XR700) have recently got updates which can cause a factory default on reach reboot

Changing the subject in a reply from "R9000 and Genie not showing attached devices" to "R6900 and Genie not showing attached devices" does not make things written above applicable to yet another model. Which is not even applicable, as there is no such firmware version for any R6900 or R6900v2. As per the tag, it might be an R6900P model - the R6900P Firmware Version 1.3.1.44 release notes list many fixed issues, among some new features - but no word of attached devices known issues or fixes.

Message 97 of 126
Highlighted
Luminary

Thought I would pop in and see what's occuring....

Can't believe this saga is still going on - I sold my R9000 on eBay and managed to get a couple of Cisco 3802i's cheap from eBay - no morew disconnects and the device does exactly as it says it does...76 days and counting.

Do yourselves a favour and dispose of the NetGear non-working rubbish and go get something that actually works properly.

Message 98 of 126
Highlighted
Aspirant

I too am having the same issue and am running V1.3.1.44_10.1.23. Are you still having the same issue? Any resolution?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 99 of 126
Highlighted
Aspirant

Yes, same issue. They duped me into updating by sending multiple emails, but same issue and no resolution.
Message 100 of 126