Re: R9000 new firmware V1.0.2.30

ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We apologize for the delay. 

Supposedly, the released fw 1.0.2.30 should have the QoS feature but it was pushed out for some reasons. 

It will be fixed in the next firmware release that will come out soon. 

For those users who are having issues with the OpenVPN, there are no changes made to the OpenVPN feature. You may want to backup the settings and then reset the router.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 26 of 44
schumaku
Guru

More than half a year after product launch, Netgear is still nowhere. Even with the QoS capability returning, there is still no manageable firewall (this is Internet -> LAN), still the broken Guest IP/Mac filtering instead of fully independent network, still no VPN clients, no IPsec VPN at all, and an incredible size limitation for external storage at around 4 GB. Welcome Netgear to 2017 - 10 TB HDD are out for a while, 12 TB and more are wating around the door.

And the Genie app (Windows, mac OS) does reliably crash - not the slightest attempt to fix this is visible. 

In half a year one can develop a complete router in this category from scratch - fully featured, fully working. And a nice UI included. 

Appears Netgear has lost the focus to customer requirements, does ignore competitive products, and has fully lost the the control over their ODM. Very, very, very disappointed.

Dear @ElaineM - please carry this forward to your top management: What is going on with this product is no longer accepted by your customer base.

Message 27 of 44
manaconda
Aspirant

Anyone having issues with port forwarding? it was working and now today it stopped working i wish i could return this P*& back to netgear. Netgear takes our money and runs away leaving us with garbage!

Message 28 of 44
Redtulips7
Apprentice

NG working on releasing new AX10000 Router therefore will not fix or release new firmware.
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 29 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Well if it was working then something changed, did you make any changes with the UI? Any changes in the devices or ISP service? Routers just don't stop working unless something changes. 

@manaconda wrote:

Anyone having issues with port forwarding? it was working and now today it stopped working i wish i could return this P*& back to netgear. Netgear takes our money and runs away leaving us with garbage!

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.18.1/RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v2.3.2.120) and WNHDE111
Message 30 of 44
manaconda
Aspirant

Nothing changed it's a 2 day old router I set it up first day it worked great and yesterday it just stopped forwarding the ports
Message 31 of 44
TonyPHX
Guide

Thank you for the update Elaine!  That in itself is much appreciated. 

I jumped on this router early because I liked the specs, and once the software and features come to fruition it will live up to the promise.  Waiting is hard, but this has still been fun at least.  : )

Thank you again!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 32 of 44
manaconda
Aspirant

Yeah waiting is hard tell that to netgear this router shouldn't have been released till that software your talking about was ready
Message 33 of 44
TonyPHX
Guide

I get it Manaconda. : ) Seems like this is becoming the norm for consumer electronics. On the positive side, the fact Elaine has updated us means that communications are there.
Message 34 of 44
manaconda
Aspirant

I hope they deliver
Message 35 of 44

Any news on when the firmware with the QoS settings being made available will be released? A little surprised that for a router at this price point it wasn't there from the off.

Netgear Nighthawk XR500 | Netgear Nighthawk S8000 | Draytek Vigor 130 | BT Infinity 2
Message 36 of 44
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is no ETA as to when but it will be released in the upcoming firmware release. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 37 of 44
Redtulips7
Apprentice

Hi Elaine it seems to be you are the only one working at NG and other's including Engineer's are sleeping!!!Please don't just release buggy FW but stable FW with all fix.
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 38 of 44
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I am hoping for that too. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 39 of 44
CyberTri
Apprentice

schumaku is right. Just an fyi, my R8000 (X6) is a very stable Nergear with all items mentioned working (well, except for real firewall rule control).

Message 40 of 44
schumaku
Guru

Can't be long and something like v1.0.2.3x will become available and finally include the QoS controls including the manual per attached device (resp. IP address) priority setting to this promise will be fulfilled.

While some items were fixed (some obvious [not] stuff like the globally shared private key and certificate [very secure, eh?] for all OpenVPN connections before 1.2.0.30 - a security audit run against a preview version is still a nightmare - lot of deep red items. Along with lots of not up2date components, no longer acceptable configurations for https....:

There are no fixes in place ie. for Badlock, Heartbleed, SWEEP32, or POODLE threats - just to mention a few ... this is not fun dear Netgear!

I wont hold my breath: What is going on with the R9000 (and most liekly other products implemented using the same ODM platform) is not acceptable. If I'd be in charge, I had fired the responsible crew including immediate termination of the ODM and activating every penalty clause in the contracts by the layers, one by personally, with a one way ticket to Tasmania and ensure these people will never work on behalf of Netgear or any other vendor creating quality products.

This is the compressed hevaily form of a message I dropped to Netgear's PM and PLM today.

Message 41 of 44
CyberTri
Apprentice

How did you "run a security audit" against the preview firmware? I have an R8000 (x6). Can I check my security vunerabilities? How?

Thanks!

Message 42 of 44
schumaku
Guru

We're using mostly commercial tools by IBM Internet Security Systems, Tenable (Nessus), and Rapid7 (Nexpose, Metasploit). A good start can be a free Nessus version.

Message 43 of 44
Scorpio1377
Initiate

Qos is horrible I see no difference in Setting myself as high priority or low. 500 dollar router and no bandwidth limiter. Poor customer service. I'm sorry I will return my router for a full refund and consider maybe rebuying it when NG get off there behind and better support there flagship. No point In having it now and running the wonderful 90 day customer support in a 3rd world country.

GET you crap together Netgear cause you will start losing your customers to rising competition like Asus.
Message 44 of 44
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 43 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements