R9000 wireless isn't connecting to internet even though ethernet ports work fine

SPH90
Aspirant

R9000 wireless isn't connecting to internet even though ethernet ports work fine

I have just installed my r9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200.  The ethernet is inbound from a comcast modem and then outbound to a netgear switch for other hard wired devices.  The issue I can't resolve is that wireless devices accept the r9000 password but then a message appears that it can't connect to server.  Anything hardwired to the router works fine and the wireless on the comcast modem/router works fine.  I am replacing another Netgear router that was older but worked just fine with this set up.  I have reset the r9000 and still the issue exists.  Any help is appeciated??

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: R9000 wireless isn't connecting to internet even though ethernet ports work fine

@SPH90 wrote:

The issue I can't resolve is that wireless devices accept the r9000 password but then a message appears that it can't connect to server. 

What devices and where do you see this message?

Did you check that their wifi security settings are compatible with those on the router?

Which password are you using? The default on the back of the router? Something that you have told it to use?

Apologies for the questions but you haven't given us much to go on.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 3
SPH90
Aspirant

Re: R9000 wireless isn't connecting to internet even though ethernet ports work fine

Thanks for your reply.  There were ongoing issues with the device so I returned the item.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements