Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9600 logs no longer being emailed

Kendal857
Aspirant

R9600 logs no longer being emailed

Up until last September a weekly logs report was emailed from my router. Since then no reports emailed although I see them on the router. Nothing I've done to troubleshoot the router email configuration or the email account has worked. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions on how to correct?

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

Re: R9600 logs no longer being emailed

@Kendal857 

I see a new firmware version was released this month, but it didn't say anything about correcting this type of issue.   The most recent firmware update before that was in July 2021.  Not sure if you updated to that version or not, and when.    Please provide firmware version you are currently running (actual version, not LASTEST).

Have you tried to manually send a router log vs automated?   If it fails to send, you should see a note come up in the router log itself that the send failed (you may have to hit refresh logs a couple of times).    If it displays that it failed, it gives you an idea where to look.

It could also be that whatever you use for E-Mail is blocking it or has changed parameters for sending E-Mail.   If you are using your ISP's email service, double check what they require and see if it has changed from your original settings.    Also, if you are using your ISP's email - make sure it is just not marking it and putting it in your spam or junk folder.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7