× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 Is forcing Auto Firmware Update Every Night

Sgtaylorc
Aspirant

RAX120 Is forcing Auto Firmware Update Every Night

My Nighthawk RAX120 keeps automatically updating to V1.0.2.136 firmware at 01:00, even though I have disabled the “router auto firmware update.”

Essentially when the router updates to the newest version about half of the internet connected devices I own have issues reconnecting to the router. I then roll back the firmware to V1.0.1.122 and all my devices connect effortlessly again.

This has been happening every night for the past 4 nights and it is really getting on my nerves.

Can someone please help solve this?
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX120 Is forcing Auto Firmware Update Every Night

Hello Sgtaylorc, 

May you reinstall the firmware version you prefer and after doing so perform a factory reset and run through the setup assistant again.

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
Killhippie
Prodigy

Christian just a thought I was asked as a ex RAX120 beta tester to help a while back as there was an issue with RAX120's spamming Netgears update servers, could this be a forced update to stop that issue?

Message 3 of 6
Killhippie
Prodigy

Can you explain why you are running such old firmware? There has been 3 updates since that version. Why dont you use 1.0.2.136 (not 1.0.1.136) factory restet that version and set up manually and then go to your devices and set up them to connect to the RAX120 in case there is an issue with them not seeing the RAX120. I do not have this does not connect issue so Im a but lost as to why they cannot see the RAX120. Surely you would have re added them again to make sure they can see what channel you put them on, or what they selected if you use autochannel select hell.

Message 4 of 6
mdervin89
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Any resolution?  I upgraded to the latest firmware and all wifi devices have problems connect.  Revert back to old firware and works great.  I have auto update turned off and keeps updating anyway.  

Message 5 of 6
Sgtaylorc
Aspirant

Christian: I reinstalled the firmware version, factory reset the router and then ran through the setup assistance again. Unfortunately this did not solve the issue.

mdervin89: After much research there appears to be an issue with DHCP assigning IP addresses. In the advanced settings of the RAX120 you can manually assign address reservations in the LAN Setup tab. It takes time, but after going through this process all 67 of my IoT devices are connecting without issue. Make sure to back up your settings after manually assigning address reservations. Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7