Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 In Wifi unfriendly environment

sutphinwb
Aspirant

RAX200 In Wifi unfriendly environment

I installed this router in a bad spot.  Unfortunately I've no other choice.  I was hoping coverage would be a little better but it isn't.  So now I'd like to know if this router can be used with mesh extenders, and if so, which one is my best option.

Also, I have some old ORBI RBR50 primary and satellite routers.  Can these be used to extend the coverage into areas that are not so bandwidth constrained as the area serviced by the RAX200.

Thanks

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX200 In Wifi unfriendly environment

EAX80 works with the RAX.

You could connect the Orbi 50 series in AP mode and use it as additional wifi MESH system. Channels on wifi would need to be far appart if you use both the RAX and Orbi systems. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 In Wifi unfriendly environment

You could use your current orbi 50 series with it. 

What speeds do you pay for? 

You have a couple options. 

1. use the RAX200 as the primary router (in its crappy location) and use the RBK50 series in access point mode. You'd have peak speeds at the RAX200 but still coverage around the home. 

2. Use the RBK50 as the primary. the RBK50 has a pretty wide backhaul (1733mbps link speed, not throughput). Potentially you could put one of the satellites in the area you want peak wireless coverage and if its backhaul was fast enough, wire the RAX200 to it with the RAX in access point mode. Then you could use its wireless for AX coverage. 

A lot just depends on the speed your paying for and how well the satellite connects to the orbi router. If the satellite can max out your ISP speeds while hardwired, the RAX would do great. If its only pulling in partial speeds, then option 1 would probably be better. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7