× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 Issues setting up replacing D7000

GrenadaV
Guide

RAX200 Issues setting up replacing D7000

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I had a D7000 router and want to replace it with the new RAX200, have matched the settings of the D7000 with the RAX200 and I cannot get an internet connection (Fibre)

Got the RAX 200 to help increase my wifi speed and coverage.

Help please, I have been pulling my hair out (whats lefft of it anyway :-)Smiley LOL

Kind regards

Ross

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
gvillage
Aspirant

Re: RAX200 Issues setting up replacing D7000

Hi again Plemens,

Apologies for the delay in response, until yesterday I was still using the D7000, however I decided to try something I hadnt done yet.

I backed up the config file for the D7000, then tried to retore that to the RAX200, got an error message that it was in the wrong format.

Then out of the blue, I remembered a setting that was hiding in the depths of advanced settings.enabling  VLAN which was on the D7000 but disabled on tjhe RAX200. Then instantly I got the connection.

Thanks everyone for your help, very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Rossco

@plemans wrote:

If its a new purchase, you get 90 days of free support. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Might help with setup for you to be able to talk to some one 🙂

what firmware is on the RAX200? 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway is the rax200 connected to? 

Did you check with your isp on settings? 

Message 2 of 10
GrenadaV
Guide

Hi Plemans,

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

I plugged it into the same plug on the fibre modem that the d7000 was on, yes checked and used the same settings for the isp, it just doesn’t want to connect to the internet.

I plug the same cable from the rax200 back into the d7000, and everything works fine. Just the rax doesn’t want to work….

Go figure?

Cheers
Rossco
Message 3 of 10

The D7000 is a DSL modem/router. Were you using it as a simple router bypassing the modem bit?

What is this "fibre modem"?

That was the question that @plemans asked. 

Message 4 of 10
GrenadaV
Guide

Hi there,

No it actually plugs directly into the fibre modem or ONT box provided by Chorus network in NZ

Hope that helps

kind regards

Ross

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 6 of 10
gvillage
Aspirant

Hi again Plemens,

Apologies for the delay in response, until yesterday I was still using the D7000, however I decided to try something I hadnt done yet.

I backed up the config file for the D7000, then tried to retore that to the RAX200, got an error message that it was in the wrong format.

Then out of the blue, I remembered a setting that was hiding in the depths of advanced settings.enabling  VLAN which was on the D7000 but disabled on tjhe RAX200. Then instantly I got the connection.

Thanks everyone for your help, very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Rossco

@plemans wrote:

Message 7 of 10

@gvillage wrote:

Excellent news. Well done.

Any chance you can share your fix for the benefit of anyone else who turns up here with the same problem?

Then mark this as Solved and perhaps others who search for the right words will find it.

Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

For your future needs, Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@GrenadaV wrote:

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I had a D7000 router and want to replace it with the new RAX200, have matched the settings of the D7000 with the RAX200 and I cannot get an internet connection (Fibre)

Got the RAX 200 to help increase my wifi speed and coverage.

Help please, I have been pulling my hair out (whats lefft of it anyway :-)Smiley LOL

Kind regards

Ross

Message 9 of 10

@gvillage wrote:

Was this some setting somewhere in the section in the manual Enable and Configure a VLAN?

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7