× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 Serial Number Release

muldoone
Aspirant

RAX80 Serial Number Release

I have an RAX80 that I was given by company as they upgraded their routers. The router works, but I can't add the router to the Netgear app because the serial number was previosuly registered. I have read here that Netgear can release that serrial number, but I am not sure how to get ahold of Netgear to do this. Can anyone here help or give any ideas? The app will defintely not add teh router, but I can access it through routerlogin.net. Thank you in advance for any ideas! 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: RAX80 Serial Number Release

@muldoone wrote:

The router works, but I can't add the router to the Netgear app because the serial number was previosuly registered.

Registering a serial number does nothing that will affect the operation of your router. All it does is get you 90-day free support and warranty coverage. Neither of these are transferable.

@muldoone wrote:

The app will defintely not add teh router, but I can access it through routerlogin.net.

What are you doing and were does it go wrong? Whatever it is has nothing to do with registered serial numbers.

I assume that you factory reset the device to wipe out all old settings.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
muldoone
Aspirant

Re: RAX80 Serial Number Release

Thanks for the reply! I was able to find through some more digging the email for cusotmer support and they released the serial number for me, and I'm now abel to access the router settings via the Netgear mobile app. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7