× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 died

gemarsh
Initiate

RAX80 died

One year old ax80 router died last night. No lights, no fan, no nothing except for a faint clicking noise coming from the router. Un plugged for a few mintues and same story. Plugged into a ups and have had no power outages. Tried different out let. Not a power issue.

Is this thing done for?

Thanks

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
labatt
Mentor

Re: RAX80 died

Could be the power brick. If you have another in house with same connection to router and same voltage, amps can be higher, you might try that. If you have a voltmeter you could check it with that, but not a totally accurate test as this would be with no load. The bricks do fail.

Message 2 of 4
gemarsh
Initiate

Yes, I did check voltage, 19.7vdc.
I should add, the router makes a clicking sound, when power is supplied. Just like when I walked up to it this morning. I have another on the way, will plug new into old power supply and go from there.
Message 3 of 4
labatt
Mentor

Sounds like it is dead. Is it new enough for RMA? Pain waiting for new router unless you have an old backup laying around. Reason I normally keep the router I am replacing, just in case. 😉

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7