× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 has two 6e networks that are not guest

Giddleytwig
Tutor

RAXE500 has two 6e networks that are not guest

Hello,

I just setup a RAXE500 router with a CM2000 modem and noticed that there are by default on my samsung android phone a 2.4 and 5 GHz networks like there should be. But for the 6e network i see two. I know it is not the guest one showing up because the guest network has guest in the name when i turn it on. So when i do turn on the guest 6e i end up with 3 all together for the 6e. One of the non guest 6e networks caps out the download speed at about 200 Mbps and the other at around a gig. When i connect to the faster one on my phone it just says connected. But when i use the slower one it says connected via nighthawk. I tried changing the network name to differentiate the two, but both names were changed when i did this, same for changing the password. Because they have the same name and password, my phone will sometimes connect to the slow one and kill my download speed. Why is there two and how do i shut off the second one? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: RAXE500 has two 6e networks that are not guest

What firmware version are you on? 

Are you using smart connect? 

Message 2 of 7
Giddleytwig
Tutor

I am on firmware v1.0.10.82_2.0.39. For smart connect I am not, the different bands are all separated. I see one for 2.4, one for 5, and two for 6.
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

1. there's a newer firmware 1.0.11.94  you can try installing that and doing a factory reset/reinstall. 

2. what happens if you enable smart connect? 

3. Do you have a screen snip of something like inssider that actually lets you look at the networks and the details? 

Message 4 of 7
Giddleytwig
Tutor

1. I will do that for sure later today. Currently away from home.

2. Again I will let you know later today what happens.

3. I will get one once I do the firmware update and will post it.
Message 5 of 7
Giddleytwig
Tutor

So i did the firmware update to V1.0.10.86_2.0.40 which it is telling me is the latest and the secondary WiFi 6 connection was still there. On a whim i switched to using my browser for accessing the settings and deleted the nighthawk app from my phone and the secondary WiFi 6 connection went away. Does the nighthawk app expose or add another connection? just seems weird that it went away when i uninstalled the app. Or maybe the firmware update did it but it took a minute? either way, it is gone now. Thank you for you assistance on this.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7