Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 satellite problems

oppnhmr
Aspirant

RBR20 satellite problems

I have an RBR20 router and a satellite RBW30 which worked great for the first year or so but suddenly the satellite stopped working.  I've used the Orbi app multiple times and the light on the top of the satellite is always bluish white, not magenta, and yet at the end of the attempt to connect, it says "satellite not found".  Yes, i'm pressing the sync button on both devices.  I found an article online that talked about needing to update the firmware, which I then attempted and each time I try to do that online, it tells me the upgrade or download or whatever it is has failed.  I just want to connect my satellite!  It's the only reason I bought the thing because I already have a different router so the Orbi router is worthless to me without the satellite.

Can someone help?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20 satellite problems

Can you use a wired PC and web browser and log into the RBRs web page to see if the RBW is connected there and if so does it have an IP address? You can do this with the RBW plugged in somewhere near the RBR or even in the same room as the RBR. 

What Firmware version is currently loadedon the RBR?

Has it been updated receently?

Message 2 of 6
oppnhmr
Aspirant

Thanks I will try this.  As I mentioned in the post, it wouldn't update the firmware.  No idea why.  It just says "failed" each time i've tried.

Message 3 of 6
oppnhmr
Aspirant

PS.  What do you mean by log into the RBR's webpage???

Message 4 of 6
oppnhmr
Aspirant

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THE RBR webpage? 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your unpacking the .zip file to reveal the actual FW file. 

Try a different browser, IE11, Edge or Firefox. 

Checking the RBRs web page under connected devices will show you the RBWs connection and IP address. You can use this IP address for the RBW to log into and send the FW file direct to the RBS. 

Please don't yell. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7