Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RDP works from my friends computer but not from any other computer

Phreaky1221
Follower

RDP works from my friends computer but not from any other computer

So I've been trying to set up my network for a couple different things here on my end, and one of the main ones is using RDP to access my studio computer (Yes, I know, RDP is insecure, VPN is the better way to do it, etc, etc) and I'm having a very strange issue. 

I've enabled RDP on the host machine, ensured its listening on 3389. I gave it a static route, I've made share network sharing is configured correctly, and that the firewall allows for incoming RDP on the network profile.

I then set up port forwarding on the router, I also disabled SIP/ALG, disable DoS/Port Scan protection (not initially, but have since done so in troubleshooting) and enabled respond to ping on the router. 

Funny thing is, obviously it works fine while the computer is on the same LAN as the host, but also, its still working fine on my friend's computer which is the first computer I tested RDP from when I initially set up the port forwarding. I'm thinking that this has got to be an issue at the router, I tried opening a new port and trying that but it also didn't work. 

I'm kinda at a loss here, any help would be appreciated.

Oh, the router is an R6700v3 and the firmware is version V1.0.4.128_10.0.104, host machine is Windows Server 2019

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7