Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RESET NAME of Modem

lgkeys
Aspirant

RESET NAME of Modem

Solar people shut down power for a few seconds and when power back on, my Netgear Nighthawk went back to factory setting, name and password.  Not what I had set it up to show for Internet Name or Password.  How do I change it back to the way I had it??  I cannot afford to pay the $140 fee to get Netgear support as on a fixed income.  I've only had this since January 2021.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Re: RESET NAME of Modem

@lgkeys wrote:

Solar people shut down power for a few seconds and when power back on, my Netgear Nighthawk went back to factory setting, name and password. 

That's not normal. Power cuts do not usually erase your settings.

@lgkeys wrote:

How do I change it back to the way I had it?? 

If you saved your configuration, then you can restore that.

Failing that, just set it up again.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

You might get more help of you told people what your device is.

Is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

That's not a router.

Message 2 of 4
lgkeys
Aspirant

Thanks, but I actually found someone who could help me. It's all in the IP address on the modem itself. That's how you chg your settings, passwords.
Message 3 of 4

I'm glad it worked out but the explanation you got is strange and might not help anyone who tries to follow that advice. They would do well to ignore it.

@lgkeys wrote:
It's all in the IP address on the modem itself. That's how you chg your settings, passwords.

There can be several "IP addresses" on the modem. The one that the network has on your local network, which can depend on the hardware you own. Then there is the IP address that your ISP hands out for the internet.

I suspect that the one you were told to check is the one mentioned here:

If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You never got round to telling us what this modem is. (Your footer refers to a USB adapter, which will get you nowhere.) The IP address that the modem gets depends on the device in question. For example cable modems aren't usually the same as DSL modems.

The next time you run into a problem, start with the manual.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7