RIDICULOUSLY SLOW STARTUP and performance

MBD5
Aspirant

RIDICULOUSLY SLOW STARTUP and performance

I have 2 Macbooks, 3 iphones, and an apple TV connecting to this router.  The only place I experience this problem is at home.  Although my previous router eventually died, I never had such a problem.   This doesnt happen when I am anywhere else with my computers.

I open my MacBook and cannot go online for over 5 minutes.  Nothing will load.   In order to stay connected, I must leave my laptop OPEN.   If I close it, I lose connection.  I open it again, and have to wait another 5-10 minutes for wifi to work.  It's not a computer problem.  It doesnt happen anywhere else.  It's not a provider problem.   I have COX highest speed internet service.  

I often have to turn off wifi on my iPhone while at my house, because media will not load.  

For a $250 router, I should have immediate access and no sluggish connections.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Re: RIDICULOUSLY SLOW STARTUP and performance

Hi MBD5,

What is the firmware version of the router? make sure to update it.

Are you having issues with wireless only or it happens as well with wired connection?

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi MBD5,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 4
MBD5
Aspirant

still having the problem.  only at home with this router, nowhere else.  have reset.   who do i call for assistance?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E