× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND2000v2 need reset?

clembo
Follower

RND2000v2 need reset?

Help please reset required on my old RND2000v2. Was originally on a windows network but now moved to a new Linux network. Can't remember password/login etc getting all lights flashing intermitent with or without drive(s) in place. Getting return on ping address OK. I need to reset box but pin implement into reset button in back doesn't seem to be working. Instructions please?

Model: RND2000|ReadyNAS Duo Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RND2000v2 need reset?

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the ReadyNAS products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NAS products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/bd-p/readynas-general

I  would review the user manual for this unit for reset instructions first. 

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: RND2000v2 need reset?

@clembo wrote:

Help please reset required on my old RND2000v2. Was originally on a windows network but now moved to a new Linux network. Can't remember password/login etc getting all lights flashing intermitent with or without drive(s) in place. Getting return on ping address OK. I need to reset box but pin implement into reset button in back doesn't seem to be working. Instructions please?

First let's confirm the plaform.

The original Duo (called a v1 here)

• says ReadyNAS Duo on the front panel
  • has other labels that might say RND2000v2
  • runs 4.1.x firmware

The Duo v2

• says ReadyNAS Duo v2 on the front panel
  • runs 5.3.x firmware

Based on this info, which platform do you have?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements