Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RT6900P periodically resets to factory defaults

richgaz1952
Aspirant

RT6900P periodically resets to factory defaults

Happens to reset to deffault values 3 times a week.  All I Nsee in a log is a DDOS smirf attack. I have blocked that under the WAN settings.  THat was not the issue it still nhappens.  ANd the ISP pointed me to another server which was to be supposedly sending these icmp PACKETS.  How can I set that all ICMP packets are blocked.  Ot nis this a firmware bug since I went recently to V1.3.2.134_10.1.66

+

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
richgaz1952
Aspirant

Re: RT6900P periodically resets to factory defaults

no one in netgear has the capacity to answer and assist in diagnosis or recommendations?  if a root cause cannot be found - time to trash the nighthawk - my home environment cannoty sustain this unreliable product

Message 2 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi richgaz1952,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the backlog in the system.  Regarding your concern, did it affect your internet connection? Did you check the internet connection directly to your ISP's modem?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 5
richgaz1952
Aspirant

iSo far its okay after I disconnect3ed my TPLINK extender,  I was able to use it even without a repeater function and I suspect that was the case.  I have no repeater selection just router/ap/bridge  I configured the TPLINK with 192.168.1.x and changed the submask.   I loooked at the Netgear log and could not find anything.   SO  I dont use it - thats too basd.  Is there a firmware update to add this selection?

Message 4 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi richgaz,

The R6900P currently doesn't support Wireless Repeating mode. Please check this link https://kb.netgear.com/24108/How-do-I-enable-the-extender-mode-feature-on-my-Nighthawk-router

You may post your feature request to our Ideas exhange board for this model https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Business/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-business

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7