Reply

RV6400V2 My cell phone will NOT connect to Router when same Password is used.

Brev1939
Follower

RV6400V2 My cell phone will NOT connect to Router when same Password is used.

My NETGEAR AC1750 Smart WIFI Router the password I put in from my Android Smart Phone.  I'm using the same password that I use with my Desk Top, I'm running Windows 10.

 

I'm not a computer Geek, and I did read and followed the instructions that came with the NETGEAR and I'm still having this problem.

 

I have searched all of the NETGEAR information for a solution, to no avail.

 

I guess I've entered my password on this sight at least 20 times tonight trying to navigate their (Non) support.  I didn't purchase a support plan when I purchased the NETGEAR Smart WiFi Router in November.  I will say this if I remain unable to get through to NETGEAR for a solution.  It will be a cold day in Hades before I'll purchase anything marketed by NETGEAR.

JDM

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: RV6400V2 My cell phone will NOT connect to Router when same Password is used.


@Brev1939 wrote:

My NETGEAR AC1750 Smart WIFI Router ...


What router are we talking about? AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

 


@Brev1939 wrote:

I'm using the same password that I use with my Desk Top, I'm running Windows 10.

 

What is this the password for? Wifi? The router graphical user interface?

 


@Brev1939 wrote:

I didn't purchase a support plan when I purchased the NETGEAR Smart WiFi Router in November. 


 

Did this just start happening? Or have you been living with it since day one?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: RV6400V2 My cell phone will NOT connect to Router when same Password is used.


@Brev1939 wrote:

My NETGEAR AC1750 Smart WIFI Router ...


What router are we talking about? AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

 


@Brev1939 wrote:

I'm using the same password that I use with my Desk Top, I'm running Windows 10.

 

What is this the password for? Wifi? The router graphical user interface?

 


@Brev1939 wrote:

I didn't purchase a support plan when I purchased the NETGEAR Smart WiFi Router in November. 


 

Did this just start happening? Or have you been living with it since day one?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 592 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E