Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Random Disconnects

ABrewer91
Aspirant

Random Disconnects

Hello there, 

First off, thanks for taking the time to read through this.  Any information any of you have will be greatly appreciated.

So... for quite awhile now, maybe 2 years?  I've had random disconnects from my internet.  Each time, it's only for a split second, it's never for more than that.  I've gone through a few different steps to attempt to solve the problem.  Initially it was thought that I was disconnecting from a games server, so I port forwarded.  No luck.  Then after chatting with my ISP, they had me lower my MTU Byte size.  That seemed to work, as of lately, that seems to have gone back to not working.  Any suggestions would be amazing as I'm at a complete loss now.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Random Disconnects

1. what modem do you have?

2. Does the issue happen if directly wired to the modem?

3. you have the R7000P?

4. What firmware is on the router?

Message 2 of 9
ABrewer91
Aspirant

- My modem is the Netgear CM1000
- I've never tried directly to the modem
- Yes, the Nighthawk R7000P
- It's the most recent firmware as I made sure to do an update check as a troubleshooting means.
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

An actual firmware number helps. Since that router has had a couple firmware issues. 

Try it with wired devices as well to see if its just a wireless vs wired issue

Message 4 of 9
ABrewer91
Aspirant

I won't be able to get you an actual firmware # until later when I get home. As far as the wired vs wireless, I'm always hard wired, my PC is never on wifi.
Message 5 of 9
ABrewer91
Aspirant

Sorry for the long interval between responses. I THOUGHT the problem had been fixed after a factory reset but it came back tonight. Here's the firmware version that the router is running;

V1.3.1.64_10.1.36
Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

you could try the latest 1.3.2.134 version.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000p

Or the one I'd recommend if there's still issues is the 1.3.0.20 version. its the version prior to netgear armor. 

the both the r7000 and r7000p, I'd recommend installing over a hardwired connection and doing a factory reset/reinstsall afterwards for best results. 

Message 7 of 9
ABrewer91
Aspirant

Sorry for the confusion, so you're saying do the firmware update THEN factory reset/reinstall after the update?
Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

Try the update first.

If that doesn't help, then try the downgrade. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7