Range extenders - anyone used one with R7000 yet?

d_rick
Tutor

Range extenders - anyone used one with R7000 yet?

I'm going to make Netgears year at the rate i'm going.

i now have the R700 running as AP but it still won' reach the front of our house. i think i'm going to need extenders to pick it up in the front of house

anyone have experience with either the 2500rp or 3500rp? i assume the 3500rp SHOULD get better reception, is that right?

Thnx
D
Message 1 of 9
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: Range extenders - anyone used one with R7000 yet?

Strange. Many people rave about the power and coverage of this router. I get great coverage in a two story home and in my yard. I don't know the layout of your house but it probably should cover it.
I did have a hard time getting my antennas installed properly. I started to cross thread the first one and had to unscrew it and start again. These antennas have a shape that is difficult to install sometimes.
Are you sure yours are installed properly? Have you tried positioning it differently or adjusting the antennas?
Message 2 of 9
theoak
Luminary

Is it possible to move the router to a location closer to the front of your home?
RBK53 v2
Router Firmware: 2.7.2.104
Satellite Firmware: 2.7.2.104 (Satellite1: Wired, Satetellite2: WiFi)
Setup: DSL Modem (Bridge Mode) - Personal Router - Orbi (Access Point mode)
Message 3 of 9
d_rick
Tutor

LeeH wrote:
Strange. Many people rave about the power and coverage of this router. I get great coverage in a two story home and in my yard. I don't know the layout of your house but it probably should cover it.
I did have a hard time getting my antennas installed properly. I started to cross thread the first one and had to unscrew it and start again. These antennas have a shape that is difficult to install sometimes.
Are you sure yours are installed properly? Have you tried positioning it differently or adjusting the antennas?

we have a single story house that has a LOT of steel that was used in the contruction which has been an issue forever.

i did notice the antennae quirkiness and made sure i didn't crossthread and they are in correctly
Message 4 of 9
d_rick
Tutor

theoak wrote:
Is it possible to move the router to a location closer to the front of your home?

no, unfortunately not
Message 5 of 9
theoak
Luminary

Another idea is to try a different orientation of the router. Hence, if you have it one way ... turn in 90 degrees.
RBK53 v2
Router Firmware: 2.7.2.104
Satellite Firmware: 2.7.2.104 (Satellite1: Wired, Satetellite2: WiFi)
Setup: DSL Modem (Bridge Mode) - Personal Router - Orbi (Access Point mode)
Message 6 of 9
MaxGrit
Aspirant

Did you try aftermarket high gain antennas?
Message 7 of 9
d_rick
Tutor

theoak wrote:
Another idea is to try a different orientation of the router. Hence, if you have it one way ... turn in 90 degrees.

now that i can and will try.. 🙂
Message 8 of 9
d_rick
Tutor

MaxGrit wrote:
Did you try aftermarket high gain antennas?

no, for $200 for their top of the line unit don't feel i should have to spend any more
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E