Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: IPv6 R7000 Beta FW 1.0.5.62

01R
Luminary
Luminary

hi Elain does this include ipv6 fixes and the fin scan problem fix ? and the degraded thouroput problem that  creeps up over time?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There's no IPv6 fix included in the latest beta firmware.

Can you give us further details on what kind of IPv6 configuration you're having trouble with?

If you could provide step-by-step configuration of the scenario it would really help. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @01R Can you PM me the IPv6 settings that is configured on your router?

Also, kindly provide more details about the problem you're encountering and include your email address to see your registered product for our reference about your case. 

Message 2 of 7
01R
Luminary
Luminary

it was sorta never registered and it was outa warranty a long long time ago

Message 3 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@01R That's not a problem. Just have it registered for us to log a case.

Message 4 of 7
grayjaso1
Aspirant

I was curious about the degraded throughput issue, too.  This has been documented by many many r7000 community folks.  I think I saw the first emergence of this in posts sometime in 2014, but more often in 2015.

My r7000 has exhibited similar problems over time.  When I've updated and factory reset under previous firmware builds in 2015, the problem went away for a while but usually popped up again.  I've been on the 1.5.60 beta with no degradation so far, but if the root cause of the degradation occurrences was not identified by NETGEAR and addressed (as part of the current BETA firmware work), I'm concerned that these problems will emerge again.  

Do you know if the degradation was addressed?  Enough users documented the issue that I'm guessing the scenarios should be able to be replicated at NG.

Also:  I'm not using ipv6 at home in part because of the r7000 issues in this area I've seen documented in the Community posts over the past year.  So, it would also be good to know if the r7000 firmware work in process covers historic ipv6 issues and/or if these have been resolved in the latest FW BETA.  I just haven't seen anything giving me a level of confidence that I can comfortably transition to ipv6 at home. Do you have status in this area?  Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There's no IPv6 fix included in the latest beta firmware.

Can you give us further details on what kind of IPv6 configuration you're having trouble with?

If you could provide step-by-step configuration of the scenario it would really help. 

Message 6 of 7
grayjaso1
Aspirant

FYI - I haven't had issue with ipv6.  I've read other NG Community comments where other r7000 users have.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7