Ready Cloud Folder Not Available

mreg376
Guide

Ready Cloud Folder Not Available

I've seen this posted before, with no solutions.  New R7800.  Latest firmware.  Recommended USB flash drive attached.  Readycloud account created.  Shared folders available on local network.  R7800 visible to Readycloud on apps and at website, shown as "healthy," but neither the web site nor app can see the USB drive.  It worked once or twice, then disappeared, never to return.  Is there a solution to this or not?  Or must my R7800 go back to the store??

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 3
mreg376
Guide

Re: Ready Cloud Folder Not Available

Well, since this model has been out two years and there is still no solution, I have to assume there won't be.  The X4S will be going back to the store.

Message 2 of 3
mreg376
Guide

Re: Ready Cloud Folder Not Available

@Case850 wrote:

So you purchased this router for the Cloud candy...... Not enough Router protein to keep the R7800?

Haha good question.  No, the X4S/R7800 is a good router.  But I was comparing two routers with Amazon return windows, the X4S and the Synology RT2600ac.  I originally assumed the Netgear woud be the one I would keep because Synology, a well-known NAS maker, is relatively new to the router markert.  Both routers have the same processor and basic hardware, with similar power, stability and range (and I particularly dislike the Netgear Genie interface, although that's not a deal-braeker), but I did also want to make use of easily accessible and reliable router-attached storage.  Synology is able to do that and the Netgear, not. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E