Re: ReadyCLOUD cannot access password-protected remote folders via Finder

sclubone
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD cannot access password-protected remote folders via Finder

On an externa network, ReadyCloud on Mac OS X is able to remotely connect to my R7000, however after clicking on the required folder (on which password protection has been set), a Finder connect dialogue is opened, followed by an access denied message.

By using the IP address in the connect dialog, prefixed by the required user name (e.g. smb://admin@1.2.3.4/readyshare), I am able to connect, however this is a workaround.

Is it not therefore possible for readycloud to automatically prefix the invoked Finder connect dialogue with 'admin' as the required username?

The current configuration is otherwise useless when using accessing readycloud remotely.

Message 1 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi sclubone,

Can you provide me screenshots of the finder when trying to access the USB ReadyShare?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 8
sclubone
Aspirant

Hi, I don't think a screenshot adds much extra, but to be clear, if a readyshare folder is password protected (read, write, or both.. it doesn't matter), the resulting error will be as shown below after clicking the relevant readycloud folder.

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 16.59.41.jpg

The only way, therefore, to access the folder is to manually enter the network path invoked by the readyshare app (whether connecting locally or remote), and to prefix with "admin" so that a password is requested and the Finder can connect.

It doesn't make any sense as to why the app cannot at least do this itself.. the development department must have signed off the app on a Friday! 

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 17.01.08.jpg

Message 3 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi sclubone,

What is the current firmware version that the router is using?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 8
sclubone
Aspirant

Hi, my router is on firmware V1.0.7.2_1.1.93. Although, the issue seems limited simply to the way the app (V1.3) passes on login details to the Finder, if a connection is possible simply by adding the 'admin' username as required.

Message 5 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi sclubone,

What app you were referring to? Can you confirm if the issue is with that app or with the router?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 6 of 8
sclubone
Aspirant

@JamesGL wrote:

Hi sclubone,

What app you were referring to? Can you confirm if the issue is with that app or with the router?

JamesGL

Community Team

The ReadyCloud app for Mac as indicated in my original and previous posts, what else? It's over two months since I posted this problem, so if we have only got this far in the line of questioning I'm guessing that nobody at Netgear is actively working on fixing the app?

Message 7 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi sclubone,

Please check your inbox.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies