Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud does not show folders or files on USB drive

jsguy16
Aspirant

ReadyCloud does not show folders or files on USB drive

Router is R7000  Firmware V1.0.5.48_1.1.79, Windows 10, Chrome Browser.

Have tried unregistering and re-registering.  Have same issue with ReadyCloud desktop app.

ReadyCloud.jpg

Message 1 of 26

Accepted Solutions
plantechbartyn
Aspirant

Hello JamesGL,

I have an R7000 router and had the same issue as the other posters here.

Updated to the latest firmware and all file are now accessible.

Thanks for the tip. 

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 26

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi jsguy16,

Can you access the drive locally?

Have you tried other web browser? or another computer?

If still the same problem with other computer and another browser but you can access it locally, try to remove your readycloud account and create a new one and register the your new account to the router. 

If still the same, try to reset the router to factory or use a different firmware.

Message 2 of 26
jsguy16
Aspirant

I can access the drive locally.  I tried another web  browser, but same issue.  I have not had time to try another computer, and I don;t want to reset to the router to factory settings because I have some customer settings for VOIP.

I set up several different ReadyCloud accounts, and I tried removing and adding the the accounts in the USB ReadyCloud section of the router.  Same issue.

What other firmware would you suggest?  

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 26
jsguy16
Aspirant

I saved my router settings then did a factory restore.  After that, I was unable to access the router menu.  I eventually learned that some months ago my netgear router was connected to a DMZ IP address set up on the Comcast Modem/Router.  Bridge mode is not an option due to the intregrated security system.  I believe that my netgear router had a static IP address of 10.0.0.4.   I tried to access the netgear router using 10.0.0.4, 192.168.1.1, routersetup.net, etc.  I did several resets with a paper clip, but was never able to access the menu, even though IP config shows the address as 192.168.1.1 and I am able to ping to that address.  I also can not see any WIFI from the Nighthawk router, and yes the WIFI is turned on.   I also tried unplugging the power for a minute, no help.  I am thinking the router is broken now. 

Message 4 of 26
jsguy16
Aspirant

I was able to solve the router access issue by removing Kaspersky Internet Security from my laptop.  Now I believe original issue....that I an not see any folders or files on my USB drive...may be related to my setup.  I have my R7000 connected to a Comcast Modem/Router.  I have a Static WAN address on my R7000 of 10.0.0.4, and a DMZ port with 10.0.0.4 on the Comcast router. I have a VOIP phone that needs special settings. 

Message 5 of 26
JamesGL
Master

Hi jsguy16,

Please check your inbox.

Message 6 of 26
xmirobruix
Aspirant

Hi,

I am facing the same issues.

Last week I installed the Nighthawk R7000 with an external drive (Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEA1000400)) with an NTFS file system. After the installation I created an account in ReadyCloud and after entering the account info in routerlogin.net I saw the folders of my external hard drive through http://readycloud.netgear.com. However, when I tried it a second time and later on I cannot see it anymore. See the screenshots below.

screen.png

The firmware in the router is 1.0.4.30
When I am in the LAN I can access the external drive \\readyshare without problems.

So far I have tried,
1. As suggested in https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Compatible-USB-drive-for-ReadyCloud/td-p/989...I have unregistered it in the Netgear UI on www.routerlogin.net, I have deleted my original ReadyCloud account on www.readycloud.netgear.com and created a brand new one. Than go back and register it on www.routerlogin.net. It didn't work
2. I have unplugged and replugged the USB drive on the router as suggested in https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/ReadyCloud-with-R7000-and-Attached-USB-Drive...
3. I have tried in Firefox 44.0.2, Chrome 50.0.2661.11 and with the Android application running on a Huawei P7-L10 with Android 4.4.2

What else can I do?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 26
xmirobruix
Aspirant

After another reboot of the hard drive and creating a third account on ReadyCloud, I am able to see the shared drive and its content through the ReadyCloud application I installed in my Windows desktop. However, when I log in http://readycloud.netgear.com I can't see the content

2.png

1.png

Is that normal?

Thanks

Message 8 of 26
JamesGL
Master

Hi xmirobruix,

My readycloud account is working and I can see the files. Can you try to reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure.

Message 9 of 26
Dusss
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem as described above. I have just done a factory reset and reconfigured the router (R7000), but no change whatsoever. Would really really like to resolve this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jasper 

Message 10 of 26
dmanduff
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same problem as well.

Message 11 of 26
JamesGL
Master

Hi dmanduff,

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Was it working before?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 12 of 26
Dusss
Aspirant

Hi JamesGL,

My R7000 has the same problem as described by xmirobruix. I can access the drive via the pc and see everything on it, but trying to access via Readyshare results in the same screens that xmirobruix has posted and I cannot access any folders/files via the app on the phone or desktop or the webclient. The current firmware is 1.0.4.30. I've tried a factory reset and then let the router configure, but no joy. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the USB harddrive does not spin down at all when connected to the USB port on the router, but while connected to the pc it will spin down after 5 minutes or so. Is there anything I can do to change this?

Kind regards,

Dusss

Message 13 of 26
JamesGL
Master

Hi dmanduff,

Make sure you are done with the migration for ReadyCloud. Check the link below.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30671/~/readycloud-to-mynetgear-single-sign-on-faq

Please update the firmware of the router.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000#download

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 14 of 26
dmanduff
Aspirant

Fw version 1.0.7.2_1.1.93

No, I haven't been able to access files remotely from the drive since connecting it a month ago. It works fine over my local network.

Yes I updated to the new login when I set the drive up.

Thank you
Message 15 of 26
dmanduff
Aspirant

Message 16 of 26
JamesGL
Master

Hi dmanduff,

Is your issue now resolve or do you still need further assistance?  We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 17 of 26
RayPan
Aspirant

I just got my new R8000 and have the same problem. I can access my usb drive locally but not in the ReadyCloud. NEED HELP!!

Message 18 of 26
JamesGL
Master

Hi dmanduff,

Try to unregister the and re-register the cloud account in router UI.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 19 of 26
RayPan
Aspirant

I did that too. here is my findings so far"

If I use the root directory of the usb drive to create a shared folder in the router, Readycloud web can see it, Readycloud app can see the root directory but nothing happens if I click it;

If I use a subdirectory under the root directory of the usb drive to create a shared folder in the router, both Readycloud web and app cannot see it.

I did reset the router, re-register the device to readycloud and used different browers, computers and even usb drivers. All the same. Is readycloud just  a prototype? I spent so much money to buy this fancy router (R8000) is because of the readycloud function. Any help?

Ray

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 20 of 26
heyitzmejay
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my R6900. ReadyCloud doesn't show the USB folders. I can access them on my network. Anyone have a fix?

Message 21 of 26
heyitzmejay
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my R6900. ReadyCloud doesn't show the USB folders. I can access them on my network. Anyone have a fix?

Message 22 of 26
JamesGL
Master

Hi heyitzmejay,

Unregister and re-register the ReadyCloud account in your router's UI.

Message 23 of 26
JamesGL
Master

Hi heyitzmejay,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 24 of 26
plantechbartyn
Aspirant

Hello JamesGL,

I have an R7000 router and had the same issue as the other posters here.

Updated to the latest firmware and all file are now accessible.

Thanks for the tip. 

Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7