Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadySHAREVault

1TimOz
Aspirant

ReadySHAREVault

Has anybody actually managed to get this program to work ?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
1TimOz
Aspirant

Re: ReadySHAREVault

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
1TimOz
Aspirant

18 views but nobody claiming to have the program working Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 12

@1TimOz wrote:

18 views but nobody claiming to have the program working Smiley Sad

Robots.

Or maybe the readers don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

Have you tried it and failed to make it work?

Message 3 of 12
1TimOz
Aspirant

Fairly simple what I am trying to acheive , find someone / anyone who actually has this program working ?

Obviously it isn't working for me , however I do appoligise if English is not your first language ?

Message 4 of 12
1TimOz
Aspirant

Actually I'll go further , has anybody actually managed to connect a usb drive to a D7000v2 ?

Message 5 of 12
schumaku
Guru

When walking over the How to setup ReadySHARE Vault (Free Backup Software)? - what does not work for you?

Message 6 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@1TimOz wrote:

Actually I'll go further , has anybody actually managed to connect a usb drive to a D7000v2 ?

Have no D7000v2 at hand ... but you have some people here wth @michaelkenward and others who are willing to help. So you plugged an undefined USB drive with an undefined partition scheme and an unknown file system (get me?) to the D7000v2 USB port. Just as one would do on any Netgear router.

Now, does it show up on the router ReadyShare under Available Network Folders, with a share name?

ReadySHARE Volume - Network Folder.PNG

With the wide open read and write access, can you browse and access the device, in this example as \\readyshare\T_Drive from a Windows Explorer?

Probably not, and using Windows 10? In this case, call the Windows 10 Features from the search, and add (enable) the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client features - reboot, and retry.

For the D7000v2 there would be a dedicated community section -> Cable Modems, Routers And DSL Modems but then the Netgear community is a complex environment. You might want to look around there for similar problems on your specific router model with the undefined (you still read me?) firmware version - the volume of posts is simply much lower on these sections.

Afraid yes, we can be somewhat challenging when people don't provide information and expect wonders from simple single questions where the answer can be [Yes] or [No].

Regards,
-Kurt

PS. from Switzerland - English is here by far not the first, not the second, and not the third language ... so please don't be to picky on perfect wording and grammar.

Message 7 of 12

@1TimOz wrote:

Obviously it isn't working for me , however I do appoligise if English is not your first language ?

Obvious to you, but not to us.

The question you asked if not likely to get many answers. People do not turn up here and shout "this works!". They arrive with problems.

The rest of us try to help to fix those problems based on what we know about how these things work and what is going on.

We can't do that if we have no idea what is going wrong.

That's why @schumaku has asked for some usable information.

If you want to fix the problem, provide some answers.

I'd start with getting ReadyShare to work. Does it?

Message 8 of 12
1TimOz
Aspirant

No , never has . Various attempts all failed . Installed & uninstalled numerous times .

Never been able to write to any usb device attached ( Note I did not say connected !!! ) to the router .

My question remains , has anybody actually managed to acheive a working backup with this program ?

I suppect not .

Message 9 of 12
1TimOz
Aspirant

btw , my complementary support is still valid and active however the last attempt resulted in the rep saying they had a tec issue and would call back ....they haven't .

Message 10 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@1TimOz wrote:

No , never has . Various attempts all failed . Installed & uninstalled numerous times .

Never been able to write to any usb device attached ( Note I did not say connected !!! ) to the router .

No idea to which question the "No, never has" belongs.

What attempts? You can uninstall and install the ReadySHAREVault utility hundreds times

- as long as the USB device is not recognized (special partitioning, USB devices come with exFAT the Netgear routers [most] don't support, ... or why ever),

- as long as no shared folder on a volume is made available on the router, ...

- as long as Windows isn't able to discover and access the \\readyshare ...

but still I do't know how we should assist here.

Please read the posts above, try to follow and provide information requested, so we can figure out where you struggle after connecting the USB drive to the router. 

Last but not least, yes I have customers, family, and friends using the simple ReadySHAREVault backup tool to bring some essential data folders to a backup device on a regular base. But no, they don't have D7000v2. Not sure if this does help you now.

And very last (it's midnight here) - neither @michaelkenward nor I am Netgear.

Message 11 of 12
1TimOz
Aspirant

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7