Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyShare Fix ?

dalryc
Tutor

ReadyShare Fix ?

I have a mix of Mac and Windows machines and have problems accessing the ReadyShare devices on the Netgear Router Nighthawk X4 R7500.

I tried al the noted fixes but what I've found to work for me was renaming Network/Device Name from \\ReadyShare to \\SomethingElse.

So far, I've not had to reset the router to gain access to the disks that I normally had to do.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
dalryc
Tutor

Re: ReadyShare Fix ?

1. There is no error message - the drives will go offline after a period of time and require a reboot of the router.

2. I'm unsure of that.

3. Latest - V1.0.0.94

It's a commonly reported problems - Google searches took me to this community page whilst trying to find a fix - which I have and it consitantly works.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi dalryc,

1. What is the error message?

2. Is the drive still being detected by the router?

3. What is the firmware version of the router?

Message 2 of 6
dalryc
Tutor

1. There is no error message - the drives will go offline after a period of time and require a reboot of the router.

2. I'm unsure of that.

3. Latest - V1.0.0.94

It's a commonly reported problems - Google searches took me to this community page whilst trying to find a fix - which I have and it consitantly works.

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi dalryc,

1. Try to use a different computer to access the drive.

2. Try connecting a different drive to your router and observe the connection.

Message 4 of 6
dalryc
Tutor

Hi,

I have a various windows and osx machines that have the problem - and ti's reported by many people.

I am just suggesting a fix which worked across all my machines with only changeing the Network Name from something other than ReadyShare.

I don't know why this works but guess that the change instigates a write of a area of firmware that is not correctly initiliased.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi dalryc,

Thank you for the suggestions. This will help other users if they have the same scenario.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7