Re: ReadyShare issue

res1983
Guide

ReadyShare issue

I can not get readyshare to work correctly.  The router login screen shows the usb hard drive connected, but none of my computers can access the drive.  The router has firmware version 1.0.9.58_10.2.58   This worked fine on an older computer but ever since I have goten an windows 10 machine the drive will not show up under my network settings.  I cannot even map the drive.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
IrvSp
Master

Right, good old Windows 10 and Netgear...

Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, add back in SMB1 Client ONLY. Re-boot, it will work again... see capture on the right.

Message 2 of 7

Here you go:

Capture

Get there by typing "Features" into the "Winkey" start menu.

PS Alt+Print Screen avoids the "edges" and the need to edit screen grabs.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 7
IrvSp
Master

@michaelkenward,

I much prefer using the old Snipping tool or Greenshot as they allow me to 'edit/annotate' snips vis a window capture.

I put these on the reply via Browse, because unlike you who can have your included files appear immediately, mine can not, but the single file I reply using the Browse function does.

Message 4 of 7

@IrvSp wrote:

I put these on the reply via Browse, because unlike you who can have your included files appear immediately, mine can not...

I know. That's why I did it.

It can be frustrating for visitors to have to get a file. There are even some paranoid folks who won't go anywhere near them. Not to mention those who don't understand what the paperclip means!

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 7
IrvSp
Master

@michaelkenward, you would think the moderator's would allow more people to do that and save everyone the time. Mess up once and post something that shouldn't be, banned from posting. Can't let everyone, and I understand that. Maybe after some number of posts, say 50 enable it?

Message 6 of 7

I couldn't agree more. But the moderators are in the hands of the oafs at Lithium who write the forum software. Believe me, they can get as frustrated as us users.

Just another user.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E