Readycloud android app issues

sunnyfla
Aspirant

Readycloud android app issues

A little background first, I'm using the app (up to date) to access photos that are stored via FTP from an IP camera to a Nighthawk 7900. I'm using the app on Galaxy S7 that's up to date. It's necessary to have the files be sitting under a login and password for the FTP software to work for the camera. The configuration works fine for the most part sometimes I have some stability issues but that's a whole other post.

I use the Ready Cloud app to access the photos and it requires me to use the login and password that I use for the FTP  access like I would expect. So when I go to view the photos it writes them to the internal storage on my phone. As you can probably guess in time it used up a considerable amount of space. There is no option in the app to be able to write to the SD card so I guess that's one of my complaints. But it is by no means the primary complaint, they have a much more serious issue that I don't think many people are aware.

The sub directory that is created on your phone where the files you're accessing are stored actually contains the login and password in the directory name itself.  No Lie when I went in to clean up my phone to recover the space from browsing the pictures for several weeks I was beyond appalled. It is sticking the pictures in Download/ReadyCLOUD/XYZ   where the beginning of XYZ is your login and password unmasked (in other words it isn't XYZ or some random meaningless information but your actual login and password). This is absolutely ridiculous for a company this size that is producing hardware that consumers expect a level of security across-the-board with said hardware.

I have been having issues with the router freezing at times and I was blaming it on the drive I have attached to it but I'm starting to feel a degree of unease that makes me question as to whether or not it's being brought down by a security flaw.

If someone from the company sees this post I will be happy to discuss this in more detail and provide more input. I run a pretty tight ship with my phone but a lot of Android users do not. This needs to be corrected promptly.

Message 1 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: Readycloud android app issues

Hi sunnyfla,

What is the firmware version of the router? I will try to replicate your issue and check if the same problem.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: Readycloud android app issues

Hi sunnyfla,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E