Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readycloud cannot create a folder on my readynas

thekram
Aspirant

Readycloud cannot create a folder on my readynas

I have the readycloud PC app.  When I sign on I see all of the current folders on the NAS.  But, when I attempt to backup a PC folder, I receive an error that the backup folder cannot be created.  There is minimal information or any form of error message code to help diagnose this.  I am just trying to make simple use of my server and can't seem to find adequate documentation on how this is to work and what may be causing my issue.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
thekram
Aspirant

Re: Readycloud cannot create a folder on my readynas

Thanks, John.  A factory reset resolved my problem

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

You can't ad-hoc create a new shared folder on the ReadyNAS using any ReadyCloud App - means the backup destination must reside withing an existing shared folder.

Message 2 of 8
thekram
Aspirant

Thanks for your help.  I tried creating the folder directly on my ReadyNAS but it fails with this message "ReadyNAS could not add share due to configuration update failure".   I searched for a solution to this and could not find one.   Any ideas?

Message 3 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Are you creating a share, or a folder (within an existing share)?  I'm going to assume a share.  There are limits on what you can name a share, and I'm not sure what error message you'd get if you violated them.  One limit is that they cannot have the same name as a user, and that includes changing the case of the name.  Have you tried a simple name?  You can always delete it later.

Message 4 of 8
thekram
Aspirant

Tried to create a new share with the name "test".   I get this same message.   

Message 5 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi thekram,

Can you download the NAS system log and send it to me. We will check on why you are not able to create a new share folder.

You may upload the logs to a cloud storage site then send the download link via private message.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
thekram
Aspirant

Thanks John, log just sent.   Let me know if you need anything else.

Message 7 of 8
thekram
Aspirant

Thanks, John.  A factory reset resolved my problem

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements