Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyshare Permissions on WNDR4300

N_man
Aspirant

Readyshare Permissions on WNDR4300

On my laptop which is HP Envy M7 with Win 10 64 bit on which I am the administrator. Readyshare network drive was recognized w/o issue. However, folders are read only and I cannot change them or remove the read only flag. When I tried to delete a folder, I received a message stating "You need permissions from Unix Users\root to make changes to this folder" (odd msg for a Win OS laptop). Tried adding files to an existing folder from my local HDD and received a message saying that it could not find the destination folder. 

So how do I become owner of this readyshare\usb_storage drive and where I can change security settings??

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
storm1985
Prodigy

Re: Readyshare Permissions on WNDR4300

connect your USB hdd to your PC then run disk check.(right click on the drive > properties > tools) 

once done connect USB back to the router then edit some files. 

diskcheck.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

connect your USB hdd to your PC then run disk check.(right click on the drive > properties > tools) 

once done connect USB back to the router then edit some files. 

diskcheck.jpg

Message 2 of 4
N_man
Aspirant

Thanks, that was the ticket!! Disk Test found errors and it happened to be in the folders I was having issues with - imagine that!!! Appreciate the quick response 🙂

Message 3 of 4
storm1985
Prodigy

Welcome @N_man .... Glad it works for you! That is my workaround before when I had the same issue with my USB hdd connected to the NAS. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7