Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyshare USB Printer

fire888
Guide

Readyshare USB Printer

hi,

just bought my 1st netgear to replace my asus router because I heard good things about netgear 

now I'm stuck trying to get my usb printer to work after I plug it to my router r7000p.

I have installed the netgear usb control center, and it just blank and the 3 buttons all just disabled.

this is so frustrating.

I have tried to move the usb plugged to the usb 2.0 slot and usb 3.0 slot on the rouoter and both just the same.

I have disabled the firewall and have run the control center as admin with no avail.

I tried to print from android with some software downloaded from google play and it did successfully print.

is there anyway I can do the same from windows pc with other software or other way ?

maybe like trying to add the printer with \\192.168.1.1\shareprinter ? (tried it and failed anyway)

oh yeah, my firmware should have been the latest at V1.3.1.64_10.1.36, and the usb control center about said software version 1.36. driver version 1.83.0

anything else to try ? I dont think I got this frustrated with asus router 😞

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
fire888
Guide

Re: Readyshare USB Printer

it's ok. at last I got it to work

gonna record it here for maybe other people that have trouble too.

so 1st try was on my win 10 (the printer originally was plugged into this windows) => it was what I told about in my 1st post

so I tried it on win 8.1 => installation always make my windows shut down. makes me more frustrated

I tried it on win 7 => installation successful. printer found, but cannot do anything

after some chats with support, seems like I have forgotten to install the printer driver on win 7. after installed it, I can connect to the printer (from usb control center of course). but then, nothing happened. no printer on my control panel, no printer to choose on notepad (to try to print), nothing

and yes, I have tried to run it with run as admin

what worse is that after that, I couldnt disconnect the printer from this win 7. even after restart it still said "manually connected to win7computer"

support suggesting me to turn on access control, and because my daughter was using it to zoom, I decided to end it here and wait till she finished. because turning on access control would make the router reboot (or at least the connection would dropped for a while from what I know).

after waiting for a while, win 7 computer showed that the printer has disconnected (dont know why. I didnt do anything).

and then I realized that the driver version was different on win 7 (1.83.32) and win 10 (1.83.0). I suspected that it might be the printer driver version. (never suspected it before, because the printer was working fine on my win 10 when it was plugged directly).

so I uninstalled the printer driver on win 10, download it again, and installed it again, and voila the driver version go up to 1.83.35, and there it is. the printer show up. I connected and the printer showed up on the control panel,and I can print on it.

the win 8.1 still cannot be installed, and the win 7 still not working, but I dont care. I mainly used win 10, and I want the printer on the router, so that my family could use it to print too (from android phone/tablet). 

so not all problem solved, but all good

so the experience was not good. the software was hard to installed, buggy, but there was no other choice than to use the software on windows. I hope future experience would be better than my asus router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
fire888
Guide

Re: Readyshare USB Printer

it's ok. at last I got it to work

gonna record it here for maybe other people that have trouble too.

so 1st try was on my win 10 (the printer originally was plugged into this windows) => it was what I told about in my 1st post

so I tried it on win 8.1 => installation always make my windows shut down. makes me more frustrated

I tried it on win 7 => installation successful. printer found, but cannot do anything

after some chats with support, seems like I have forgotten to install the printer driver on win 7. after installed it, I can connect to the printer (from usb control center of course). but then, nothing happened. no printer on my control panel, no printer to choose on notepad (to try to print), nothing

and yes, I have tried to run it with run as admin

what worse is that after that, I couldnt disconnect the printer from this win 7. even after restart it still said "manually connected to win7computer"

support suggesting me to turn on access control, and because my daughter was using it to zoom, I decided to end it here and wait till she finished. because turning on access control would make the router reboot (or at least the connection would dropped for a while from what I know).

after waiting for a while, win 7 computer showed that the printer has disconnected (dont know why. I didnt do anything).

and then I realized that the driver version was different on win 7 (1.83.32) and win 10 (1.83.0). I suspected that it might be the printer driver version. (never suspected it before, because the printer was working fine on my win 10 when it was plugged directly).

so I uninstalled the printer driver on win 10, download it again, and installed it again, and voila the driver version go up to 1.83.35, and there it is. the printer show up. I connected and the printer showed up on the control panel,and I can print on it.

the win 8.1 still cannot be installed, and the win 7 still not working, but I dont care. I mainly used win 10, and I want the printer on the router, so that my family could use it to print too (from android phone/tablet). 

so not all problem solved, but all good

so the experience was not good. the software was hard to installed, buggy, but there was no other choice than to use the software on windows. I hope future experience would be better than my asus router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7