Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readyshare USB stopped working after update to Firmware V1.0.5.70

dwturner
Aspirant

Readyshare USB stopped working after update to Firmware V1.0.5.70

I updated the Firmware to V1.0.5.70 and my Readyshare USB function stopped working.  It has been set up and working fine for several years until this update. I have tried 12 different USB flash drives in both the front and rear port with no luck.  Multiple reboots have also made no difference.  I have notices the USB plug gets very warm but it may have always done that.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi PetrSvarc,

Reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure the device. Check if the USB drive is being detected. Check as well if the drive is working if connected to the computer.

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dwturner,

What's the model number of Netgear product?

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dwturner,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 9
dwturner
Aspirant

The model of the product is R7000 (AC1900 smart wifi router), I thought I had marked it in the tags.  

Thanks

Dave 

Message 4 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi dwturner,

Reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure the device. Check again the ReadyShare after the reset if it is already working.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi dwturner,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 6 of 9
PetrSvarc
Aspirant

After update to firmware V1.0.7.2_1.1.93, USB3.0 stoped working with ICYBOX IB -RD3620SU3.

I know that Netgear has the list with approved external disks and boxes, But this box has worked!!! Can you fix it Netgear, please ?  Thank you

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi PetrSvarc,

Reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure the device. Check if the USB drive is being detected. Check as well if the drive is working if connected to the computer.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 8 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi PetrSvarc,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7