Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyshare backup

kmboardman1
Aspirant

Readyshare backup

I have used Readyshare Vault to back up to my USB drive in the past, however I see that is no longer supported, I signed up with Readyshare Cloud and can not find where the backup function is. I downloaded the Readyshare NAS and that does nothing for me. Can someone please direct me.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6

Re: Readyshare backup

@kmboardman1 wrote:

Can someone please direct me.

Not without some l knowing of what Netgear hardware you own.

Is this a router or an NAS of some sort?

I signed up with Readyshare Cloud and can not find where the backup function is.

What do you mean by "backup function"? 

Where to find it in the browser graphical user interface?

If you want the client for your PC or mobile device, try visiting the support pages for your hardware.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Message 2 of 6
kmboardman1
Aspirant

Is this a router or an NAS of some sort?

Router R8000

I have an old WD My Book drive attached to the routers USB.

I signed up with Readyshare Cloud and can not find where the backup function is.

What do you mean by "backup function"? 

What I am asking, with Vault there was a back up tab, I don't see anything relating to backing up with Ready Cloud. Its says the Netgear will no longer support vault, so I dont want to use it any more.

Where to find it in the browser graphical user interface?

???

If you want the client for your PC or mobile device, try visiting the support pages for your hardware.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Been there.

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Message 3 of 6

@kmboardman1 wrote:

What I am asking, with Vault there was a back up tab, I don't see anything relating to backing up with Ready Cloud. Its says the Netgear will no longer support vault, so I dont want to use it any more.

Is this what you read?

Support for Readyshare Vault ends April 15, 2021 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

ReadyCloud and Readyshare Vault are two different things.

Not sure what more anyone can say beyond suggesting that you look for an alternative backup system. There are plenty of them out there.

Message 4 of 6
kmboardman1
Aspirant

That is what is so frustrating, Netgear no longer supports Readyshare Vault but does not offer any suggestions for an alternative. Also, when you when I look at the Readyshare interface, there is a message concerning back up, but it takes you nowhere. 

these other backup options, do they work with Netgear?

Message 5 of 6

@kmboardman1 wrote:

That is what is so frustrating, Netgear no longer supports Readyshare Vault but does not offer any suggestions for an alternative. Also, when you when I look at the Readyshare interface, there is a message concerning back up, but it takes you nowhere. 

these other backup options, do they work with Netgear?

Without knowing what you are trying to achieve, it is impossible to say what "works with Netgear".

The first question is Netgear what?

You want to back up what from what to what?

Your message doesn't say.

I use several backup services: Synchback, Acronis True Image and Easeus Todo Backup.

These work with local, network and cloud storage.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7