Readyshare on R8000-100 NAS way too slow.

Nitesingerbird
Follower

Readyshare on R8000-100 NAS way too slow.

Readyshare on r9000 way too slow. Even when hardwired Does not play and it messed up wy wd 3tb where a Pc cannot read it with a direct plug in

have i paid over $300 for crap?

nowhere at netgear i found a solution for this

Message 1 of 5
TANWare
Star

Re: Readyshare on R8000-100 NAS way too slow.

Way too slow as in what speeds? You say even over wireless, is your WD drive USB 3.0, is it plugged into the correct port and sometimes a bad USB cable can slow things down a bit.

Message 2 of 5
AxisMan
Aspirant

The most unacceptable is once you hook up a HDD to this unit you will not be able to plug direct to your computer (mine is Mac) to retreive your files. I have also lost impprtant files. Now I have TWO WD disks that curiously keep disconnecting hemselves after a few minutes. Two different HDD smels like a class action. Clients must be advised that once a HDD is connected to the USB ports their disks are trapped and seemingly helpless. If I find no way to retreive my files, I,ll be posting to organize a claim.

Message 3 of 5
AxisMan
Aspirant

Good God the dying HDD happened to me too! I'm retrieving my files as I write this! After connecting my WD HDD 3TB to the R8000, my Mac won't recognize it either! I must keep my HDD hooked to the USB 2 port and copy all my files to another HDD. Then I'll try to reformat it. This is my 2nd HDD destroyed. Last year I thought my HDD was just a piece of junk. Now I can prove the junk is my R8000. Now my **bleep** cavity really is giving me the feeling of a Painful, lube less, violent butt **bleep** by Netgear. In Québec, consumers are protected by a legal warranty over faulty products and they arrange for advertising a mass recall.
Message 4 of 5
AxisMan
Aspirant

I'm heading to contact Netgear, they must exchange or refund this faulty product. They take care to fix my wording by inserting "bleep" instead of fixing their bleeping piece of R8000 crap.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E