Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readyshare question about upgrading from WNDR3800 to Nighthawk R7000

user444
Aspirant

Readyshare question about upgrading from WNDR3800 to Nighthawk R7000

My WNDR3800 has support for DLNA Readyshare. I have many Tivo recordings there that I don't want to lose access to if I upgrade.  Does the nighthawk 7000 (or any other similar router) have such support?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
user444
Aspirant

The KB article was useful in that it directed me to the R7000P model, but I didn't need to do anything.  I simply connected my USB drive to the new router; set up my new wifi on Tivo and all my ReadyDLNA shows were there!  Sweet!!!   

I looked in settings following that article and they were already set as recommended.

I just wish I remember how I got the shows to the drive in the first place... I would get a bigger server and put more stuff there.   Another challenge for another day...

View solution in original post

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
user444
Aspirant

I found the following article that I think is good news, but I'm not quite sure.  First it doesn't list the R7000 model.  That's not good.  It lists R7000P but that is a lot more router and $ than I need/want.    Second, my Tivo recordings are on a usb external drive plugged into the router.  Does that make the drive a "media server"?   

https://kb.netgear.com/24314/How-do-I-specify-ReadyDLNA-media-server-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-router

When I look at that drive from my PC, I see the files with a filetype of ".TiVo".  I also see that I decrypted them and converted them to .mpg files back in 2013.  I'm not sure why I did that or if it has anything to do with viewing them on my Tivo box thru the new router.  Probably I did that for viewing on my PC, not the TV.

Message 2 of 3
user444
Aspirant

The KB article was useful in that it directed me to the R7000P model, but I didn't need to do anything.  I simply connected my USB drive to the new router; set up my new wifi on Tivo and all my ReadyDLNA shows were there!  Sweet!!!   

I looked in settings following that article and they were already set as recommended.

I just wish I remember how I got the shows to the drive in the first place... I would get a bigger server and put more stuff there.   Another challenge for another day...

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7