Readyshare vault does not detect my USB HDD on R7000

packfan21
Initiate

Readyshare vault does not detect my USB HDD on R7000

I have a windows 10 machine with TWC Roadrunner internet service. My Wifi works perfectly, but my attached Seagate Backup Plus HDD attached to the router USB port is not detected by the Readyshare Vault software. It is visible in the NETGEAR Genie "approved USB devices" list accessed via "www.routerlogin.net". Under USB Storage (Advanced Settings) ReadySHARE tab, Network Connection is enabled, but the "\\readyshare " link is not hyperlinked. Every other connection is enabled, hyperlinked and accessible so I can access it via FTP, HTTP, etc, but not ReadySHARE. Any suggestions? I have already uninstalled/reinstalled both Readyshare and Genie software. My router is brand new and updated to newest firmware. I have rebooted the router and computer on several occasions, but have not factory reset the router yet.

Message 1 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Re: Readyshare vault does not detect my USB HDD on R7000

Hi packfan21,

Please perform a reset on the device. By the way, did it work before prior to upgrading the firmware?

Message 2 of 6
packfan21
Initiate

I performed a hard reset of the router, and my USB HDD problem persists.  I don't know if it worked prior to the firmware update, because on the day I received/installed the router, I updated the firmware during the installation process (current firmware V1.0.5.48).  I did use a previous version of Netgear Genie to see if that made any difference, but it did not.

In Netgear Genie under the Readyshare tab (Basic), I have the Network/Device name: \\192.168.1.1

and the next line says: "Please make sure a USB disk is plugged into the router's USB port, then try again."

As I've said, the drive is accessible through routerlogin.net and approved.  I can access it through a separate laptop and android phone on the wifi. 

The problem appears to be the ability of the router to recognize that the drive is attached (through Netgear Genie software) even though the USB light is white and the drive is visble over wifi.  The drive is a Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB and new.  The drive works fine when attached directly to the computer USB, but then I lose the promised backup capabilty over the network.

I guess the big question is: How does the router allow me access over the network to an attached USB HDD and the Netgear Genie software tells me to plug one in to the router's USB port (it already is)?

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Can you try to disable your antivirus or firewall. Also try to use a different computer and see it you will have the same issue.

Message 4 of 6
krklemme
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same problem with a Seagate 4TB disk drive. Following.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi Krklemme,

Please try my suggested steps prior to your post if you will have the same problem.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements