Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Reboot r7000 remotely when offline ????

Gene573lake
Aspirant

Reboot r7000 remotely when offline ????

My nighthawk r7000 goes offline and I have adequate internet.  I need to be able to reboot remotely when it's offline and the nighthawk app can connect to the router?..

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If the ISP services or router is off line, then being remote away from the system, you'll not be able to connect to it if it's in this condition. Someone will need to be there to power cycle it. 

If it's not working well, then troubleshooting should be performed to figure out why the router is going off line. Rebooting is only a simple fix.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 5
Gene573lake
Aspirant

Thanks. That's what I figured. The firmware just updated and it didn't reboot properly is normally what happens. Or if the power goes off in bad weather it also does this.  I have my router set up to remote access and with a VPN.  But when it goes offline like this I have no options and this location is three hours away from me.  I need to get up a piggyback router to log into when this happens with a WiFi outlet to force a reboot that way.   Thanks. 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

IF the R7000 is the main router online the and you put a different router behind the R7000 and it looses connection, you'll still won't be able to reboot it remotely.

Message 4 of 5
JWS9518
Apprentice

Maybe try getting some type of Z-wave switch that you can connect to turn power on and off.   I have switches like that connected through my alarm system and depending on your system, you might be able to do something similar, without utilizing the network to do so.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7