Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recently setup Nighthawk XR1000 and my phone and chromecast are having issues with certain apps

TheBroheim
Aspirant

Recently setup Nighthawk XR1000 and my phone and chromecast are having issues with certain apps

Every device on our network works correctly on this new router, except for my Google Pixel 6 phone and Chromecasts. My Pixel 6 can search on chrome, receive snapchats, load youtube. But it can't load reddit, tiktok, tiktok comments. The chromecast can play youtube, but it can't load Binge. I'm stumped trying to figure out what the cause might be. Other iPhone's on the network have everything working correctly. 

Getting really annoying with it and am after any help please.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Recently setup Nighthawk XR1000 and my phone and chromecast are having issues with certain apps

a few things. 

1. you posted in the general routers forum about a gaming router. the guys on the proper forum are super responsive and helpful. I'd try on there.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

2. try changing your dns provider to googles at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

3. you might also include what gateway you're connected to and firmware on the router. 

4. have you enabled IPv6?

Message 2 of 3

Re: Recently setup Nighthawk XR1000 and my phone and chromecast are having issues with certain apps

@TheBroheim wrote:

Every device on our network works correctly on this new router, except for my Google Pixel 6 phone and Chromecasts.

Your router isn't likely to discriminate against  particular devices.

To me that says the problem could be on the Pixel 6 phone and Chromecasts.

What happens when you try to use these things?

There are usually helpful prompts or error messages. You don't mention any.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7