Refrain from purchasing the R8000

Gbyrd
Aspirant

Refrain from purchasing the R8000

Since i purchased this thing, I have yet to be able to get this thing to work. The router's web ui is terrible and clunky. And at times you lose the connection to it. So it just can't connect to it and it is directly wired to your machine. Next when it finally does work some sites work and some don't load and then eventually all of them will stop loading. If you have a modem/router combo from your ISP it is much more preferable than using this. I have bought this and have yet to have a successful day of this working. I am over this product and advise others to keep away from it.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
Dianeboyd
Aspirant

Re: Refrain from purchasing the R8000

I wish I would have read this first.  I just bought it thinking that it would extend a stronger signal to a room downstairs.  It has not worked for that.  I was better off with Linksys.  I will call support tomorrow before returning it to the store this week.

Message 2 of 3
Gbyrd
Aspirant

Re: Refrain from purchasing the R8000

I have been severely disappointed with this product. It just doesn't work, as a router. Try setting it up as a Wireless AP. That should help you get your issues. And the thing that is truly dumbfounding is the fact support only last for 30 days? Are you kidding me.... I have not gotten this router to work for one day.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E