Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Refresher on firmware updateand downgrade

JimmyW
Luminary

Refresher on firmware updateand downgrade

I'm running firmware V1.0.9.42_10.2.44 on my R7000, and  I thought I'd update to v1.0.9.64.  I've backed up my settings.  Should the update prove unwise. I thought I'd restore my present firmware, but where is the link to download V1.0.9.42_10.2.44?  Second, is there a recommended procedure to install the update, such as a hard reset of the router before updating?  After I update, can I use my exported cfg file (from my V1.0.9.42_10.2.44) to set the config of the new firmware?  I shouild point out that the router works great (on the high band) with the current firmware, so is there a good reason to update, such as security patches, etc.?  Thanks!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

@JimmyW wrote:

At this point, a hard reset of the router is not indicated, so I'll forego that option for at least the time being. 

That's the way to do it. Resets are there for sticky situations. Avoid when possible.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
antinode
Guru

Message 2 of 5

@JimmyW wrote:

... where is the link to download V1.0.9.42_10.2.44?

There is support material, including a manual and a firmware library, for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Message 3 of 5
JimmyW
Luminary

Thanks for the suggestions and links.  I updated and suffered no ill effects.  After a few pc reboots, all is well, and my d/u speed remains at 100+/11 Mbps (Spectrum), with no connection issues on the network.  At this point, a hard reset of the router is not indicated, so I'll forego that option for at least the time being. 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5

@JimmyW wrote:

At this point, a hard reset of the router is not indicated, so I'll forego that option for at least the time being. 

That's the way to do it. Resets are there for sticky situations. Avoid when possible.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7