Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Remote Management issue

Faccin0
Guide

Remote Management issue

hello everybody,

I'm tring to use the remote management but I'm having issue with the configuration. So this is what I did:

- created a domain *.mynetgear.com to use DDNS

- activated the remote management

- tried to use my domain to connect to the router

I've always got the error except when I turn off NordVPN on my PC but instead visualize Netgear router logon page I get the ISP router logon page and only when I'm on the same network (I've tried to connect by using my domain with the phone and 4G network but it's impossibile to establish the connection).

thank you for your help.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

What always works is the App based (Nighthawk App, Genie desktop App) remote administration access which does not require a public IP direct on the router. Limited functionality, but better than noting.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

For the remote management your router needs a public IP address on it's Internet/WAN interface - without an additional NAT router (e.g. your ISP one) in front of it - or have some port forwarding configured on that ISP router for the Netgear router remote access port.

Don't see on how a PC on your local [W]LAN with NordVPN up should have an impact - confirm NordVPN is configured on the computer, not on the router.

Message 2 of 5
Faccin0
Guide

Yes, NordVPN is configured only on endpoint and not on the Router. In any case I think I can't fix the issue because I don't have access to the ISP router to change settings or forward the port.

Thank you for your answer!

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

What always works is the App based (Nighthawk App, Genie desktop App) remote administration access which does not require a public IP direct on the router. Limited functionality, but better than noting.

Message 4 of 5
Faccin0
Guide

The app doesn't work but my phone has also some network problem and I'm replacing it. Maybe with the new one I will be lucky!

Thank you very much for your answers!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7